12-29-2022 11:36 PM
29 12
tools
    My P7P has now frozen up three times in three days, over different apps, doesn't seem to matter. Prior to these freezes, no problems. The screen stays on with whatever I was doing but no response to touch. I wait a bit but eventually hold down the power and volume up to shut it off. Restart and everything is back to normal.

Curious...Just me?
    11-14-2022 11:11 PM
    I had a freeze happen once I think it was pixel launche crashed but never happened again not sure a update fixed it because it happen one time.
    11-14-2022 11:25 PM
    I haven't seen that yet. Are you completely up to date, both with monthly security updates and Google Play System updates?
    srgonu likes this.
    11-14-2022 11:35 PM
    My phone froze once briefly before the Google play system update. None after that.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app
    11-15-2022 01:00 AM
    Hmm, that's curious. Does this only happen with similar apps, like social media ones? Or are they entirely different apps?
    11-15-2022 08:20 AM
    I haven't seen that yet. Are you completely up to date, both with monthly security updates and Google Play System updates?

I have the November 5th update installed. I actively check for updates daily and install whatever comes up.

I guess good to see it isn't a widespread problem.
    11-15-2022 09:53 AM
    Hmm, that's curious. Does this only happen with similar apps, like social media ones? Or are they entirely different apps?
    Good question. I remember two of them. Discover feed, just swiping through it. Ring security app, also swiping through all those annoying advertising panels. So, there is a little similarity in terms of swiping through panels of information.

It's a new day, let's see if I get one today. I'll pay attention to all of the variables.
    11-15-2022 09:56 AM
    Also observe if it freezes if you change the resolution to FHD.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app
    11-15-2022 10:01 AM
    OK you have the November 5th update...but what about the Google System Play update? It is a separate update that you can scan for in a different area within the system. I know it's stupid for them to be separate but they are.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-15-2022 02:46 PM
    Pixels gonna do Pixel things.
    11-15-2022 02:53 PM
    OK you have the November 5th update...but what about the Google System Play update? It is a separate update that you can scan for in a different area within the system. I know it's stupid for them to be separate but they are.
    Google Play System Update ... It's October 1st. Is that the latest?
    11-15-2022 06:03 PM
    I have the November 5th update installed. I actively check for updates daily and install whatever comes up.

I guess good to see it isn't a widespread problem.
    You're referring to the monthly security patch, I presume. What about the Google Play system update? Mine is still on Oct 1, but that can update and still remain on the same date sometimes.
    11-15-2022 06:27 PM
    You're referring to the monthly security patch, I presume. What about the Google Play system update? Mine is still on Oct 1, but that can update and still remain on the same date sometimes.
    I have the Nov security patch (the big monthly Google installment).

My Google Play System update is the same as yours, Oct. 1st. I did a check for updates, nothing.

On the good news front, no crashing (yet) today.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-15-2022 07:15 PM
    I had a Play system update a few days ago, but it still remains Oct 1.
    11-16-2022 06:46 AM
    I had a Play system update a few days ago, but it still remains Oct 1.
    Yeah, same here.
    kmf1 likes this.
    11-16-2022 07:10 AM
    Brrrr, it's cold, or at least my Pixel 7P has decided so once again. It's frozen three times in the past week requiring a hard shutdown and reboot. One time, it did say the app was not responding and offered to close it, it did, then I rebooted normally just in case. The other two times, different apps. The latest was the 2FA app I use with a bank. Just froze on the startup screen. Screen non-responsive.

Could this be my launcher (Action Launcher) all of a sudden? As someone always says in this situation - I haven't changed anything. Maybe wait for Jan update?

Google Play System is now at Nov 1st.

I can't imagine booting to safe mode and waiting a few days, adding a few apps, waiting, etc....

I know this is a tough troubleshoot but I thought I'd post in case someone has another thought.

Thanks!
    12-23-2022 12:31 PM
    Brrrr, it's cold, or at least my Pixel 7P has decided so once again. It's frozen three times in the past week requiring a hard shutdown and reboot. One time, it did say the app was not responding and offered to close it, it did, then I rebooted normally just in case. The other two times, different apps. The latest was the 2FA app I use with a bank. Just froze on the startup screen. Screen non-responsive.

Could this be my launcher (Action Launcher) all of a sudden? As someone always says in this situation - I haven't changed anything. Maybe wait for Jan update?

Google Play System is now at Nov 1st.

I can't imagine booting to safe mode and waiting a few days, adding a few apps, waiting, etc....

I know this is a tough troubleshoot but I thought I'd post in case someone has another thought.

Thanks!
    I'd say it's certainly worth a try switching to the default launcher for a bit, can't hurt. Have you tried clearing the cache partition?

But as I said last month, Pixels gonna do Pixel things.
    notforhire likes this.
    12-23-2022 12:36 PM
    I'd say to uninstall Action Launcher for a week and see what happens. Or try a different launcher (no problems with Nova here) for a week.
    12-23-2022 01:53 PM
    I'd say it's certainly worth a try switching to the default launcher for a bit, can't hurt. Have you tried clearing the cache partition?

But as I said last month, Pixels gonna do Pixel things.
    Bad Pixel, bad.

I did not think of clearing the cache. I'll have to look up how to boot into that mode. Haven't done it in ages.

I'd say to uninstall Action Launcher for a week and see what happens. Or try a different launcher (no problems with Nova here) for a week.
    I am going to switch to the Pixel launcher as a baseline. Really not a fan but I've never used it for more than a day. If all is good next week, I'll go to Nova.

Another weird behavior has developed as well. When I swipe up from the bottom to go back home, the window swipes up normally and then flashes a full view of what I just swiped away before going to the home screen. Will see if this goes away too.

Let the experiment begin!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-23-2022 02:23 PM
    Mine has been freezing try to respond to or post on Twitter. Not sure what's going on.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    12-23-2022 07:07 PM
    Bad Pixel, bad.

I did not think of clearing the cache. I'll have to look up how to boot into that mode. Haven't done it in ages.

I am going to switch to the Pixel launcher as a baseline. Really not a fan but I've never used it for more than a day. If all is good next week, I'll go to Nova.

Another weird behavior has developed as well. When I swipe up from the bottom to go back home, the window swipes up normally and then flashes a full view of what I just swiped away before going to the home screen. Will see if this goes away too.

Let the experiment begin!
    Pixels don't have cache clean like Samsung in recovery
    12-23-2022 10:44 PM
    Mine has been freezing try to respond to or post on Twitter. Not sure what's going on.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Clear cache and force stop Twitter
    12-23-2022 10:45 PM
    Pixels don't have cache clean like Samsung in recovery
    That used to be a basic recovery option... Google really do work hard to make me hate the Pixel lol.

Trash phone is trash.
    12-24-2022 07:06 AM
    Clear cache and force stop Twitter
    I think a lot of people are struggling with twitter. I'm actually gonna say this isn't a pixel problem and is instead due to an Elongated Muskrat firing all the engineers and support staff.

What a dumbass.
    Stanley Kubrick likes this.
    12-24-2022 07:09 AM
    That used to be a basic recovery option... Google really do work hard to make me hate the Pixel lol.

Trash phone is trash.
    Ever since they went A/b partition its been that way so is one plus devices and Samsung might be there soon enough
    12-24-2022 11:22 AM
29 12