I'm on US Cellular which only permits 20 voicemails to be stored, then callers are unable to leave voicemail. Really awful when your job requires you to be on the phone a lot of the time. With my 3XL I had a work-around which was enabling the feature from the app phone>settings>additional settings>call forwarding>when unanswered

That allowed me to forward all voicemail coming into my cellphone to my Google phone number, which has unlimited voicemail.

In my 7Pro I get this phone>settings>calling accounts>us cellular>call forwarding and then I get a popup "Call settings error-network or SIM card error"

Any help on this appreciated.
    11-22-2022 12:29 PM
    Cannot enable call waiting either
    11-22-2022 02:40 PM
    Did you purchase the device from US Cellular or from Google? If from US Cellular have you asked them for assistance? Are you using traditional voicemail or visual voicemail?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-22-2022 02:47 PM
    Did you purchase the device from US Cellular or from Google? If from US Cellular have you asked them for assistance? Are you using traditional voicemail or visual voicemail?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    I purchased it from Google unlocked but US Cellular set it up last evening in-store. I'm stopping there on the way home tonight. Traditional voicemail. Not trying to do anything different than I did with my pixels 3XL
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-22-2022 04:30 PM
    I purchased it from Google unlocked but US Cellular set it up last evening in-store. I'm stopping there on the way home tonight. Traditional voicemail. Not trying to do anything different than I did with my pixels 3XL
    Please keep us updated. I hope the person at the store will get things sorted for you.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-22-2022 06:52 PM
    Us cellular did everything except put in a new Sim. No dice. Still can't forward calls or activate call waiting
    11-22-2022 06:53 PM
    Us cellular did everything except put in a new Sim. No dice. Still can't forward calls or activate call waiting
    Did you attempt to forward calls and activate call waiting when you were in the store?

Is there a particular reason they didn't give you a new SIM?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-22-2022 06:55 PM
    I wonder if changing to eSIM might help?
    11-22-2022 06:55 PM
    Did you attempt to forward calls and activate call waiting when you were in the store?

Is there a particular reason they didn't give you a new SIM?
    Yes we couldn't get the features to work. They stayed grayed out
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-22-2022 07:02 PM
    I wonder if changing to eSIM might help?
    According to the US Cellular website, they only support esim for iPhone and Samsung
    11-22-2022 07:05 PM
    According to the US Cellular website, they only support esim for iPhone and Samsung
    Hmph. I'm not sure if this would help, but did you ask them if they can reprovision your SIM card?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-22-2022 07:07 PM
    I didn't but will ask
    11-22-2022 07:15 PM
    Have you tried these couple steps ?
    Reset the phone app by clearing it Data then force closing
    Reset APN
    Reset network

See if any of these get forward call working
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-22-2022 07:31 PM
    I wonder if the Pixel 7 Pro being a 5G device requires a new SIM or some different settings. The 3XL is only 4G.
    B. Diddy and mustang7757 like this.
    11-22-2022 07:56 PM
    Yesterday I went to the US Cellular store where they put in a 5g Sim card for me
    11-22-2022 09:02 PM
    Have you tried these couple steps ?
    Reset the phone app by clearing it Data then force closing
    Reset APN
    Reset network

See if any of these get forward call working
    Admittedly didn't know how to reset network and APN but googled it, did all 3 with no change and continuing to get "network or sim card error". I'm going to go back in and ask for a new Sim.
    Laura Knotek and mustang7757 like this.
    11-22-2022 09:21 PM
    I wonder if the Pixel 7 Pro being a 5G device requires a new SIM or some different settings. The 3XL is only 4G.
    I should have clarified. When I went in yesterday they put a 5g Sim in my new 7pro. Today when I went in, they did not try a different (new) one from yesterday.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-22-2022 09:24 PM
    Admittedly didn't know how to reset network and APN but googled it, did all 3 with no change and continuing to get "network or sim card error". I'm going to go back in and ask for a new Sim.
    I would of shown you , yeah try new sim see what happens
    11-22-2022 09:51 PM
    Problem solved. Us cellular does not permit call forwarding as an activated phone feature anymore. Legacy devices like my pixel 3XL were grandfathered. However, the same Android 13 Google phone app call forwarding features are available thru US Cellular phone prompts. So even tho those features are toggled off and gray'd out in the app, the various call forwarding features are available thru phone prompting using the dialer on the phone app. So, for instance, using * plus the 2 numeral prompt in front of my Google voice number in the dialer forwards calls to my Google voice telephone number. Similarly, putting a different numerical prompt in front of my Google voice number toggles on "forward when unanswered" which solved my issue. In addition, even tho I am not able to activate call waiting from my phone app, it is activated already through us cellular after testing it at the US Cellular store. So I'm good now.
    11-23-2022 11:46 PM