Samsung does too much, but considering pixel... Need advice

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Samsung does too much I cannot organize this phone for anything it's literally too much to handle.

I just want the weather in the lockscreen and the home screen looking decent, Samsung for some reason can't get the weather on the lockscreen and the home screen customization is just garbage. I'm considering pixel or just going back to iPhone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I use an app called Weawow, which has a nice selection of constant weather notifications that would also show up on the lockscreen. Give that a try.

I also much prefer Nova Launcher to any stock launcher.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The Pixel 7 Pro is a great choice for a similar simplicity to the iPhone. Just the apps you need, simple interface and some added extras with the Google assistant. You may find it preferable to Samsung and all it's whistles and bells.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
This is the advantage of the pixel series. It's a rather simple phone OS experience. Which I really appreciate at the end of the day. I will usually just switch back to iPhone. I get tired of all the features on a Samsung most of which I never use. The pixel fills that void of not being ios and not being overwhelming full of feature and feature after feature.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
This is the advantage of the pixel series. It's a rather simple phone OS experience. Which I really appreciate at the end of the day. I will usually just switch back to iPhone. I get tired of all the features on a Samsung most of which I never use. The pixel fills that void of not being ios and not being overwhelming full of feature and feature after feature.

I'd say "bare bones" vs simple. but if it works for you, that's all that matters.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I suppose one person's major, major disadvantage is another person's advantage

Pixels are the kind of phones I buy for my mum, far too basic for me to use as a daily driver myself though..

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I suppose one person's major, major disadvantage is another person's advantage

Pixels are the kind of phones I buy for my mum, far too basic for me to use as a daily driver myself though..

ROFL. The pixel phones will do everything the Samsung phones will do . You just need to download the appropriate apps. They just don't have all the garbage that Samsung puts on there phones.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks, let's not have this discussion evolve into an endless argument over one brand vs another. There are advantages on both sides, depending on each individual's usage. I personally find Google's apps to be powerful and versatile, without any need for many 3rd party alternatives. But others will find benefit in Samsung's apps, or one of the many 3rd party options on the Play Store. It's the beauty and strength of Android.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Sorry wasn't trying to start anything. The phone I traded in for my 7 Pro was a S20+. Was just stating my opinion.

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Samsungs Home screen customization lets you do just about anything you want. So that's a strange thing to say.
For your Lock Screen Weather you can tap the clock(this is Latest One UI on a S21): Settings, Under Lock Screen, Widgets if you turn on Weather. You can then tap the clock on the Lockscreen to see the weather and whatever else you choose. That might be 1 step too many if you wanted it to just always show. Then like some others posted there has to be an app or launcher that will do whatever you want. I feel like with FPS and/or Face Unlock and AoD set up right you hardly ever see the lock screen. The pixel does show it on the AoD and the Lockscreen, pretty small though.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice but I've thought about it and just bought the buds 2 pro so going back is a waste of money so sticking with Samsung.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice but I've thought about it and just bought the buds 2 pro so going back is a waste of money so sticking with Samsung.

Let us know what you think about the Buds2 Pro. I bought a pair a few weeks ago and like them, a lot. Comparing them wirh my Pixel Pro earbuds, as they are very different.

Last edited by a moderator:

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I love them, I actually like the buds 2 pro more than the phone itself.

Nice noise cancelation, great look and fits in the ears well and it's cheap with trade in of OG buds pro.

Love them to death and it's probably the main reason I can't leave Samsung because it's too much to start over and these buds are great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie