Ok, so I've always used stock launcher on my phones but fancy trying something else. Any recommendations and what will I be able to do? Some pics would be appreciated.. Thanks, David.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app
    11-28-2022 03:27 AM
    Nova Launcher is tried and true. I always install it.

If you're looking for something a little different, try Niagara.
    11-28-2022 03:38 AM
    I used Nova for years. It has a lot of customization options and pretty much can do anything you want. Then I switched to Lucid Pro and used Lucid for the past five years or so until recently.

I liked lucid because it was "different." It was very easy to keep your home screen clean because from the home screen, a swipe from the right side or using the back button brought you to a side panel with all your favorite apps so you don't have to have then littering your home screen. A side swipe from the left brought you to the app drawer. And you could set up your home screen in landscape mode to be completely different that your home screen in portrait mode.

Sent from my SM-S908U using AC Forums mobile app
    11-28-2022 05:32 AM
    I used Nova for years. It has a lot of customization options and pretty much can do anything you want. Then I switched to Lucid Pro and used Lucid for the past five years or so until recently.

I liked lucid because it was "different." It was very easy to keep your home screen clean because from the home screen, a swipe from the right side or using the back button brought you to a side panel with all your favorite apps so you don't have to have then littering your home screen. A side swipe from the left brought you to the app drawer. And you could set up your home screen in landscape mode to be completely different that your home screen in portrait mode.

So what are you using now then?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    tismydroid likes this.
    11-28-2022 05:49 AM
    So what are you using now then?

Currently I'm switching between stock, Nova & Lucid. I decided to try out the stock launcher when I got the S22U. Prior, I hated Samsung's UI but with Good Lock it was worth trying. But now, with the update to 5.0, stock is very buggy so I'm going back to playing with my different launchers until I take the time to do an FDR.

11-28-2022 06:03 AM
    I've always used the stock Launcher on the dozen or so Nexus and Pixel devices I've owned thru the years. This past wknd, I installed Nova. I'm on the latest beta. Anyone know how to enable themed Material You icons on the home screen?
    Joshua Luther1 likes this.
    11-28-2022 02:39 PM
    I'm using lawnchair 2. Marketed as a pixel style launcher but with tons more customization. Not as configurable as nova I'd say but I like the pixel look and feel.
    11-28-2022 02:51 PM
    I've always used the stock Launcher on the dozen or so Nexus and Pixel devices I've owned thru the years. This past wknd, I installed Nova. I'm on the latest beta. Anyone know how to enable themed Material You icons on the home screen?
    If you enable any third party icon pack and select always reshape legacy icons, the background of the icons will be themed. Unfortunately it doesn't work if you select system icons.

pseudoware likes this.
    11-28-2022 02:57 PM
    It's not identical to the Pixel Launcher. But it looks good.

bkdodger2 likes this.
    11-28-2022 03:00 PM
    It's not identical to the Pixel Launcher. But it looks good. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...54bc8a371a.jpg

That looks cool, thanks!
    Also, maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but where can I get the stock calendar/weather widget?
    Joshua Luther1 likes this.
    11-28-2022 03:05 PM
    Smart launcher is great but highly under rated for some reason. Very stable and I like the widget placements. You can put a widget anywhere and move it exactly where you want it by ever so tiny increments. As mentioned above Niagara is also interesting. Minimal but gives you tons of info on what’s important to you. I really like their home screen notification system. Nova is king of 3rd party launchers as it has a lot of options and is very smooth, however it can’t place widgets like smart launcher, Lol. If you ever liked windows phone then square home is a very smooth windows like option. Just check one out and see for yourself. You can always swap between launchers in a second so you don’t lose anything.
    11-28-2022 03:05 PM
    That looks cool, thanks!
    Also, maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but where can I get the stock calendar/weather widget?
    Thanks. It's the At a Glance widget.

pseudoware likes this.
    11-28-2022 03:10 PM
    Thanks. It's the At a Glance widget.

Got it. Still experimenting...

Different launcher..-screenshot_20221128-133454.jpg
    Joshua Luther1 and bkdodger2 like this.
    11-28-2022 04:36 PM