Android Autio issues.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I just recently got a Pixel 7 Pro on Verizon. I had an S22 Ultra that I am coming from. I have noticed some strange behavior with android auto and was curious if anyone else sees the same or can suggest what might solve it.

If I try to use hey google or ok google to trigger the assistant, the whole control bar at the bottom of the screen disappears and then comes back but no assistant is triggered. If I push and hold the voice button on my steering wheel it works fine.

The other issue is when I have Waze active on the screen and a destination set. When I get close to the next step or turn, I get a chime and the banner notification at the top of the screen. I never got those with my S22 Ultra when I had Waze active. If I was in the music app or phone app and Waze was running, then those would show but not when it was the active app.

I use the hey google all the time and Waze as my primary navigation app. Hoping this might be something someone else has run into or has any suggestions on.

I have unpaired from my car and re-paired. I have cleared cache and data on the android auto app. I have the latest version of android auto and the newest update for my phone.

I have checked for updates for my car (2021 VW Jetta) and it is up to date.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, have had a similar problem but it cleared with the last Android Auto update. Google Assistant would not work using voice, only when I pressed the button on my control stalk would it work. It works both ways now...

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi, have had a similar problem but it cleared with the last Android Auto update. Google Assistant would not work using voice, only when I pressed the button on my control stalk would it work. It works both ways now...

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app
Hmm what version of Android Auto do you have? Is it beta?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Weird that's the same version I have. What's strange is when my phone first connects I can use hey Google to start navigation with Waze but once that's running it no longer works.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
It might be Google trying to make people stick to their apps. Have more functionality using googles apps since they are integrated. That's my guess. Other than that it might be settings inside the apps you're using. Make sure they have permissions required for the functions you want. You can try turning off battery optimization and see if it helps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys, I just recently got a Pixel 7 Pro on Verizon. I had an S22 Ultra that I am coming from. I have noticed some strange behavior with android auto and was curious if anyone else sees the same or can suggest what might solve it.

If I try to use hey google or ok google to trigger the assistant, the whole control bar at the bottom of the screen disappears and then comes back but no assistant is triggered. If I push and hold the voice button on my steering wheel it works fine.

The other issue is when I have Waze active on the screen and a destination set. When I get close to the next step or turn, I get a chime and the banner notification at the top of the screen. I never got those with my S22 Ultra when I had Waze active. If I was in the music app or phone app and Waze was running, then those would show but not when it was the active app.

I use the hey google all the time and Waze as my primary navigation app. Hoping this might be something someone else has run into or has any suggestions on.

I have unpaired from my car and re-paired. I have cleared cache and data on the android auto app. I have the latest version of android auto and the newest update for my phone.

Is it the same way for Google maps ? I see your using Waze

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes it is the same if I switch to Google maps. I did uninstall updates for Android auto and clear cache and storage then updated cleared cache and storage again and the weird notification issue went away.

I read something about it being a Google app issue possibly so I uninstalled updates for the Google app and did the same thing just haven't been able to test it yet after doing that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes it is the same if I switch to Google maps. I did uninstall updates for Android auto and clear cache and storage then updated cleared cache and storage again and the weird notification issue went away.

I read something about it being a Google app issue possibly so I uninstalled updates for the Google app and did the same thing just haven't been able to test it yet after doing that.

Also uninstall the update to AA and test

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Uninstalling the Google app updates and then letting just the assistant part update but not the app fixed the hey Google issues.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Yeah so it seems the hey Google issues was in the most recent version of the Google app.

I am loving this phone so far. I don't miss my S22 Ultra at all. Iean I still have it but it's a work phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
They are but I find myself liking a lot of the Pixel UI features. A lot of the Google stuff integrates so much nicer on the Pixel. It's such a smooth phone too.

Definitely I agree it's why I owned both .

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site

Try installing the latest Android Auto 8.6.6250 from this page = https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/
I was running the betas for a month and they were perfect and now v8.6.x has reached final stage so it's even better.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Try installing the latest Android Auto 8.6.6250 from this page = https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/
I was running the betas for a month and they were perfect and now v8.6.x has reached final stage so it's even better.
I'll try that if the issues come back. The hey Google issue is the latest Google app though. I uninstalled the updates for the app and then when I went to re-activate hey Google it did an update to the assistant and all worked fine. I tried updating the Google app out of curiosity and it broke again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs