Help with music apps recognizing first track on my mp3 albums?

G Tiberius

Jan 25, 2023
Visit site
Last week I purchased a Google Pixel 7 and transferred all of my mp3 albums to its memory. For some reason, the very first track of EVERY album is missing. I can later find them all listed as "untitled song" in its category folder. It does not matter which music app I use (musicocelot, Poweramp, or VLC). Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How did you transfer the files? Did you connect the new Pixel 7 to your old phone via USB cable during setup, or did you use some other file transfer solution?

G Tiberius

Jan 25, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How did you transfer the files? Did you connect the new Pixel 7 to your old phone via USB cable during setup, or did you use some other file transfer solution?

Thank you! I transferred it from my MP3 player directly over to the Pixel 7 with both attached through my laptop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I suspect it has to do with the MP3 player not playing nice with the file transfer. Which MP3 player are you using?

G Tiberius

Jan 25, 2023
Visit site
I suspect it has to do with the MP3 player not playing nice with the file transfer. Which MP3 player are you using?

I thought that a possibility also, but there were 2 albums I transferred from my fiance's laptop separately that also have the same problem.
As for my mp3 player, it is a Fiios player. I really appreciate your help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And how are you copying the files over? Via direct USB connection, or Bluetooth, or some other way?

G Tiberius

Jan 25, 2023
Visit site
I'm just using a good old boring USB connection from the laptop into my phone. It's very puzzling! When I look at the files in the file folder, they are correctly labeled with titles and tracks, but just when you open any of the actual players do those particular tracks become untitled and reorganized into an untitled section

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Were the files all ripped from CDs, or downloaded from somewhere? Have you confirmed that the ID3 tags for those first tracks are all intact?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Transferring files by USB can sometimes be a little wonky, so let's try an experiment to make sure this doesn't have anything to do with that. Instead of copying an album over via USB, try uploading an album to your Google Drive from your laptop, then download it from Google Drive to your phone, and see if the same thing happens.