Is there a way to text from the call screen on the Pixel 7 Pro like on Samsung?

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to text from the call screen on the Pixel 7 Pro like I can on my Note 20? If you hit the menu buttons in the upper right of the call screen on my Note 20 you get the option to "send message". If a customer calls, I can select this and the phone opens the chat window and auto populates the phone number. All I have to do is type or dictate the message and send this. I get
a lot of calls from numbers that are not in my contacts so this is a giant help with my business. I attached a screenshot.

It is cumbersome to have to memorize the number, then open the messaging app, type the number in, type the message, and then send the message. I want to be able to quickly send the message while the customer is on the phone and have him get it while the call is still live.

Is there a way to do it on the Pixel 7 Pro? I tried with a Verizon reps phone and we couldn't figure out a way to do it. We checked the recent call log while the call was active and the number isn't in there yet until the call is ended.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't find a way either. You'd probably have to go separately to the Google Messages app while you're on the call.

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
But I have to memorize the number and go through the process of inputting the number. Add to the fact that I'm driving during a lot of this, the way Samsung does it is really helpful. I was hoping with some of the new call features, that Google finally added something like it. I'm probably going to end up with a Samsung as my business phone and a 7 Pro as my personal phone.

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I knew someone would say that. l pull over when I need to. The point is efficiency while I have customers on the phone. I am currently running a Note 20 as my personal, and a Pixel 4XL with dual SIMS for my business. I have AT&T on one SIM and Verizon on the other. Now that Samsung allows dual SIMS, I'm gong to swap the business to the Samsung, and most likely my personal to the 7 Pro. I get ridiculous amounts of spam calls on my personal line so all the calling features of the 7 Pro is interesting to me. I also talk to text a lot and the new Pixels are said to be really good at it.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Try this, go to resents while in call, you should have these options. Also, don't text and drive. Lost a buddy who was texting while driving.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Can't upload screenshots. I'll upload the screenshot as soon as it'll let me.

1571fd1b4a5f5adf2aa40cf3a9ad95ea.jpg

Here we go.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I knew someone would say that. l pull over when I need to. The point is efficiency while I have customers on the phone. I am currently running a Note 20 as my personal, and a Pixel 4XL with dual SIMS for my business. I have AT&T on one SIM and Verizon on the other. Now that Samsung allows dual SIMS, I'm gong to swap the business to the Samsung, and most likely my personal to the 7 Pro. I get ridiculous amounts of spam calls on my personal line so all the calling features of the 7 Pro is interesting to me. I also talk to text a lot and the new Pixels are said to be really good at it.
The pixel call screening feature should be on every phone by default. I would be willing to pay extra money for that for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
That's a good question, next call if I remember, I'll try it.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
I can do it from Recents on my Pixel 5/Android 13. Tap on the caller id icon on the left side of the screen and get:

call text.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But I have to memorize the number and go through the process of inputting the number. Add to the fact that I'm driving during a lot of this, the way Samsung does it is really helpful. I was hoping with some of the new call features, that Google finally added something like it. I'm probably going to end up with a Samsung as my business phone and a 7 Pro as my personal phone.
When you lived in this ERA you remember everyone number

(Just having some fun)
ae9a707da71fde0bcd2a5ff6c19f7682.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Oh man. I still remember some of my highschool buddies phone numbers.

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
When you lived in this ERA you remember everyone number

(Just having some fun)
ae9a707da71fde0bcd2a5ff6c19f7682.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Yep, I still know some of my buddies and their parents house numbers, but couldn't call anyone in my contacts on my phone by memory. lol

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I saw one in Banff in October believe it or not. Couldn't use it if I wanted to though. Don't carry cash that much anymore and certainly not silver.