Dreaded green flicker on right side of screen

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So my pixel 7 Pro started to flicker today. When you press the power button to shut the phone off, or when the phone just turns the screen off to go to sleep, there's a green flash of light that flickers on the right side of the screen. I went online and didn't know that this is a known issue with this phone. There were lots of posts about it on the Google website. I called Google and they're sending me a replacement. They said that they are aware of this issue. But it sucks because they're going to send a refurbished unit. Is anyone else having this problem? They're thinking it's hardware related.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thankfully, I'm not seeing the problem, but I have seen this issue crop up a number of times, mostly in Google's own Pixel help community. Hopefully it's a limited problem, perhaps associated with a bad batch of displays.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Screen lines are almost always a hardware fault. My first Pixel 5 developed a pink vertical line less than 24 hrs. after receiving it new from google. They took it back and eventually refunded me but I first asked for a replacement and they were unable to get me one.

That's right - google couldn't fine another of the phone they made. The 5a had just been released. So we're talking maybe 6 months after the 5 was discontinued. If I was asking for a Pixel 2 I could understand no availability. They turned their back on the P5 in record time, removing it from their website completely. I was lucky to find one for sale on this website and snatched it up. Been working flawlessly for me for almost 2 years now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Screen lines are almost always a hardware fault. My first Pixel 5 developed a pink vertical line less than 24 hrs. after receiving it new from google. They took it back and eventually refunded me but I first asked for a replacement and they were unable to get me one.

That's right - google couldn't fine another of the phone they made. The 5a had just been released. So we're talking maybe 6 months after the 5 was discontinued. If I was asking for a Pixel 2 I could understand no availability. They turned their back on the P5 in record time, removing it from their website completely. I was lucky to find one for sale on this website and snatched it up. Been working flawlessly for me for almost 2 years now.
The Pixel 5 was one of my favorite pixels , the battery life was crazy good, usually 2 days .

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
How long are they supposed to have phones just incase? They sell them for a yearish and when they are gone they're gone.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
The Pixel 5 was one of my favorite pixels , the battery life was crazy good, usually 2 days .

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Indeed! I get almost 2 full days per charge. Yesterday I pulled my P5 off the wireless charger at 08:00 and had 63% left at 02:00 when I retired for the night. Just one of the reasons I will give up this phone when they pry if from my cold dead fingers :)