Keyboard Lag

cornettbr

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay so this isn't something I can ignore anymore. The Google keyboard lags sooo much. I'll be typing fine one minute then the next it doesn't register half of the buttons. I've tried removing screen protectors, reinstalling the app, clearing the cache... Nothing works. I'm also not on the beta version. Checked that already

I'd find it really hard to believe more people aren't having this issue. I don't have many apps or games on my phone, definitely nothing spammy. Just big name apps like facebook.

Anyone have recommendations on different keyboards? It's either that or I'm reactivating my iphone and dealing with it's less frustrating issues.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
( @mustang7757, OP has a Pixel 7 Pro.)

That's clearly not normal, but I would suspect some 3rd party app is causing the problem, rather than an issue with Gboard. It doesn't have to be spammy app to cause glitchiness.

First, see if the problem persists in Safe Mode: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/2852139?hl=en. If it goes away, then something you installed is causing the problem -- you may have to uninstall apps one by one to figure out the culprit. Considering how buggy Meta apps tend to be, I'd start with Facebook and any related apps.

If the problem persists, then try also uninstalling updates to Android System Webview, because sometimes updates to this can cause various glitches on only certain devices. Or if you're on the Beta for Android System Webview, leave it and revert to the stable version.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's unfortunate the OP never came back to comment on whether the suggested solutions helped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2