screen protector

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of a screen protector but I don't know. most of the time I put a protector on the screen doesn't work so well. I do have tech21 black case on my pixel.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking of a screen protector but I don't know. most of the time I put a protector on the screen doesn't work so well. I do have tech21 black case on my pixel.
That's all I have on my Pixel for protection. I think a case would be enough. I never like how any screen protector fits anyway and usually end up taking it off. Just a waste of money.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I stopped using screen protectors a few years ago. Recently started using RhinoShield as it came in a bundle with my bumper. I don't worry about scratches. I do like the impact protection (preventing the screen from cracking).

@chi-rak . . . I like the true color dbrand skins . . .

jackwish

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
why would you put another layer of glass on top of your screen, which is already protected with a glass layer on top of it? Do you guys all use the tempered glass screen protector?

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Another thread in the forums is stating that glass screen protectors are intentionally small due to the curved screen. Several versions out there are too large and leave a lip around the outside edge.

I just received my Zagg InvisibleShield, and can confirm what others have been saying. The Zagg for the Pixel XL does not fully cover the usable portion of the screen. I submitted a case with Zagg and am hoping they will release an updated version of the product.

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Me too, had none starting with my HTC One M-7 over 3 years many drops, no problems. Maybe I was lucky, but I'm stayin protector free...

thompsonmp

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't put a screen protector on my s6 edge + and ended up with loads of little scratches. Dirt/sand I assume and I'm very careful with my phones.

I've got the Spigen tempered glass screen protector and it's way too narrow, doesn't even cover the width of the screen.

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
why would you put another layer of glass on top of your screen, which is already protected with a glass layer on top of it? Do you guys all use the tempered glass screen protector?

I used glass on my note 3 before I got the s6 edge + (couldn't find a good one for that phone) and it saved the screen a couple of times. Dropping onto gravel from waist height had broken the screen once before I'd heard of tempered glass protectors. With the replacement phone, I looked for recommendations and came across a nillkin. Dropped the replacement in pretty much the same manner. Protector shattered. Glass under it was crystal clear.

On a side note, no matter how much they might claim these screens are scratch resistant, I don't believe them. I had my s6 edge+ for two days before I noticed tiny scratches on the screen (pre-ordered the phone, and received it early. nothing was available when it came in).

And on topic of this post, I too ordered a cheap 2-pack of tempered glass from amazon. I broke the first one trying to get it out of the packaging. And the second doesn't cover the usable display. Otherwise it looks ok? That little tiny gap tho...I'm going to end up ripping it off within a week.

Shawn Altorio

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
On a side note, no matter how much they might claim these screens are scratch resistant, I don't believe them. I had my s6 edge+ for two days before I noticed tiny scratches on the screen (pre-ordered the phone, and received it early. nothing was available when it came in)..

I scuffed a long winding streak from the top to the bottom of my Pixel after having it for 3 days. No idea how I did it, as I always kept it in my from pants pocket screen facing me. It's not a deep scratch, but more of a surface scuff that I can't polish out. Not visible with the screen on (or with the ill-fitting tempered glass I have), but for those claiming these things are scratch resistant BE WARNED.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
for those claiming these things are scratch resistant BE WARNED.

Well, just be aware that 'scratch resistant' doesn't mean 'scratch proof.' Compared to screens of old, they hold up exceptionally well, but a single grain of sand in your pocket can wreak havoc.

I use Gorilla glass protector to save my screen from being broken.
Is anyone actually making a Gorilla Glass protector as opposed to using the much harder tempered glass? In either event, if you're looking to protect against impact most, some of the film protectors do a far better job.

MikeBerry3

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
What do you guys think of this color design for a dbrand skin?

View attachment 243222

I normally stick to a low key black or grey, but was thinking that I may bold on the pixel XL. It deserves more looks!

Personally it just looks too much like Halloween but that's not to say it doesn't look cool. I got the matt black one for myself which is boring but sleek. I was toying around with using the matt black and then putting the mahogany on the glass part. Dbrand doesn't sell them with the back glass cut out though so it would be raised. Slick wraps will sell them with a cut out of the glass back though.

wordfool

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone use any sort of protector for the rear glass? Other than full phone skins, I've not seen a basic protector for the glass portion, which seems to be particularly scratch-prone.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone use any sort of protector for the rear glass? Other than full phone skins, I've not seen a basic protector for the glass portion, which seems to be particularly scratch-prone.

The dbrand skin now includes a piece that just covers the glass if that's what you want.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
So what has it come down to? I too have seen reviews of zagg being insufficient, and am unsure which screen protector to get.

Anyone have any recommendations of something good?