Screen Protector? Why?

wareagle995

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
The last three (maybe four) phones I've had have had Gorilla Glass so I have forgone screen protectors. Obviously there is still a big market for the screen protectors. Why? Just curious for opinions. I realize everyone has a personal preference and such.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
The last three (maybe four) phones I've had have had Gorilla Glass so I have forgone screen protectors. Obviously there is still a big market for the screen protectors. Why? Just curious for opinions. I realize everyone has a personal preference and such.

For me, it's just peace of mind.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Gorilla Glass isn't scratch proof. All it takes is a tiny bit of sand in your pocket to scratch the screen. It's also nice to have the option to sell the phone in very good condition.

wareagle995

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Based on the videos I've seen and my personal experience with my phone floating in my purse with keys and other crap, it is in fact scratchproof.

wareagle995

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Just turned in the GS6 to get the Pixel free with Verizon after having it 20 months. It was virtually flawless. My Spigen SlimArmor was scratched to heck and back though.

Nine54

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Even though Gorilla Glass should hold up to everyday, keys-in-pocket situations, screen protectors do provide a little more piece of mind. And when they get dinged up, you can just get a new one. But the main issue I put one on is that I've found on previous phones that, over time, it seems that oils from your skin and salt from your sweat will mar the screen. I don't know if they become impregnated in the glass or remove one of the coating layers, but when the screen is off, you'll notice dark areas that don't wipe off.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
For me, it's just peace of mind.

Basically this. I've gone without with most of my recent phones and I've never scratched one without a protector. I mean all reviews of gorilla glass show it withstanding knifes, nails, scissors etc. Sure it can be scratched, but not from normal everyday use IMO.

kidkamel

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
For me, it's finding the one to help prevent finger tip marks. That's what I look for when it comes to screen protectors

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
A. I loaned a neighbor my DSLR and when he brought it back he said, "I broke the LCD." It looked shattered but as I peeled off the glass protector the LCD screen was untouched.

B. I dropped a new phone a year ago and it landed screen down on the only large piece of grit around. The screen got a definite ding in the center. Now, I get oleophobic glass protectors.

C. Why not?

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This might be a silly question but is the 9H tempered glass screen protector harder and stronger than the phone gorilla glass?

I sometimes wonder if there was no glass protector on the phone if the actual glass would get damaged or if the protector itself is not as strong. IN any case I like getting one to be sure nothing happens to that screen. I have seen Iphones get shattered and old Samsung phones as well lol

Would kill me to have a shattered screen phone lol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams