Best watch options for the Pixels?

Bonnie Moore1

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I've heard about quite a few smartwatches and I'm in love with the Huawei, but I'm trying to find out which you guys thinks works best with the new Pixels? I love that the Gear S2 works as a standalone product, but obviously no one is there yet and I feel strange carrying a Samsung watch with a Google device (but that's just me). Opinions and opinions?

sarahgad

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
I've heard about quite a few smartwatches and I'm in love with the Huawei, but I'm trying to find out which you guys thinks works best with the new Pixels? I love that the Gear S2 works as a standalone product, but obviously no one is there yet and I feel strange carrying a Samsung watch with a Google device (but that's just me). Opinions and opinions?

Hey, well there are rumors these days which says there are going to be two [smartwatches to be launched by Google for Google Pixel](Google Pixel Watch Rumours: What we know about Angelfish, Swordfish and Android Wear 2.0). You can read this article which mentions about the rumors may be they will be launching the watch at MWC conference by end of February in Spain. Only if you can wait then you can get a specific product that goes with your device, or else you can choose from a list of smartwatches available in the market. You can look into Galaxy Gear S2 my personal favorite.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I have been thinking of the Gear S2 as well. You can get them for amazingly cheap, and to just try out a smartwatch I think it is a great option.

Bonnie Moore1

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback! I actually have the Gear S2, but I'm a female with incredibly small wrists, and the Gear actually hurts them. I'm looking for something a bit smaller (or thinner), that would be more suitable for me and hoping the Google watches will be it.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback! I actually have the Gear S2, but I'm a female with incredibly small wrists, and the Gear actually hurts them. I'm looking for something a bit smaller (or thinner), that would be more suitable for me and hoping the Google watches will be it.

Did you try the LG watch style?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I am using the S2 right now (have only had it a few weeks), but am keeping my eye on the Android Wear 2.0 watches that are coming out. Hoping for one of similar dimensions to the Style (which is similar to the S2) but with NFC (not that I will probably ever use it, but just want to have it haha). Its a shame the S2 doesn't have Android Wear. It has the right input method to be able to utilize it (buttons and rotating bezel). I like not having to touch the screen all the time.

mschu00

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
I use an LG Urbane. Love it. And since it takes regular watchbands, and with the amount of quick-connect options, I can wear one for sports and one for dress.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone try the Gear S3 watches with their pixel? Curious if it works well with the pixel. I'm very interested in the Gear Sport that's coming out and figure the S3 would be a good indication if the sport will work well. The thing driving me to a samsung watch is spotify offline integration. Would love this and then wouldn't have to have a phone with me on runs.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been thinking of the Gear S2 as well. You can get them for amazingly cheap, and to just try out a smartwatch I think it is a great option.

I have a Verizon Gear S2 and although it works quite well, I went back to my Pebble 2 because I can't stand 1 day battery life. Plus everything that the Gear and Pebble both do the Pebble does faster. Granted, who knows how long this will last, but for now that's my choice.

tori729

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Old post but I bought an LG Style. It's the same exact size as my old watch. It can be a little glitchy and it doesn't have HRM and such but I found in research that you have to go bigger to get more like that. I also wish it had NFC but I can live without that too. All in all, it's good little watch!

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Wife uses a Fitbit versa, loves it, works great with her Pixel XL.

She had a ticwatch, what a pos. It could barely hold a charge for a full day and the fitness app were almost non existent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1