08-24-2020 03:19 PM
50 12
tools
    Now on version 295. Mine updated automatically, but I have no idea what was fixed. I couldn't find any release notes online. Glad to see the update was seamless.

Would be interested in hearing of any improvements you see after getting this update.
    05-27-2020 02:15 PM
    Now on version 295. Mine updated automatically, but I have no idea what was fixed. I couldn't find any release notes online. Glad to see the update was seamless.

Would be interested in hearing of any improvements you see after getting this update.
    I couldn't agree more! I have no idea of what was upgraded or improved unfortunately.

I'm not so sure that this is anything to do with be for more upgraded version 295, but when I was using my Roku probably listening before, my left side earbud was cocking out and my right side earbud was only working. I had to reset my buds completely and read pair them with my Pixel 3XL. Now they're finding it just wanted to mention that but they are working 100%. Could have just been a fluke, it happens from time to time
    05-27-2020 04:49 PM
    I'm still holding out for the orange buds. Such a strange release with the white ones having been out for months now and the three other colors not even available for pre order yet. Hopefully by the time I have the orange in hand, all audio glitches will have been resolved.
    eric002 likes this.
    06-08-2020 11:26 AM
    Updated to 296. I just pulled the buds out of the case, kept the case open and down came the update. I am looking forward to continuing improvements.
    06-10-2020 07:14 PM
    Updated to 296. I just pulled the buds out of the case, kept the case open and down came the update. I am looking forward to continuing improvements.
    Hey, thanks, I'm going to have to try to resynchronize my buds and see if I get 296 firmware now.
    06-10-2020 07:20 PM
    I picked it up today as well. I think this was just to eliminate the hissing some were getting (I wasn't). I tried turning back on In Ear Detection, but I continue to get drops in each bud, especially when cupping my hand over each ear. Looking forward to seeing if the next update will fix that.

Can anyone who had the hissing confirm that this is fixed with this update?
    06-10-2020 08:33 PM
    I picked it up today as well. I think this was just to eliminate the hissing some were getting (I wasn't). I tried turning back on In Ear Detection, but I continue to get drops in each bud, especially when cupping my hand over each ear. Looking forward to seeing if the next update will fix that.

Can anyone who had the hissing confirm that this is fixed with this update?
    Well, I'm certainly my glad to hear that, that's for sure. I mean I haven't been able to update to 296 firmware yet. Hopefully tomorrow, it'll update for me.
    06-10-2020 09:55 PM
    After a full day, I can say that now my buds act up more than they did before the update. They cut out inside or outside, even with In Ear Detection turned off. I don't even have to cup a hand over my ear for them to cut out.

I took a phone call while on a walk outside, and it was almost impossible to hear with all the pops and scratches. Very disappointing. I didn't have the hissing sound before 296, so this feels like a definite downgrade to me.
    06-11-2020 10:56 PM
    After a full day, I can say that now my buds act up more than they did before the update. They cut out inside or outside, even with In Ear Detection turned off. I don't even have to cup a hand over my ear for them to cut out.

I took a phone call while on a walk outside, and it was almost impossible to hear with all the pops and scratches. Very disappointing. I didn't have the hissing sound before 296, so this feels like a definite downgrade to me.
    MhmmI'm so very sorry to hear that dude! Report report to Google on the forums and talk to one of those gold expert reps on the online chat! they said that supposedly the hissing is supposed to be decreased or non-existent at this pointñ I will say that I do think I hear a little bit of a difference now...
    06-12-2020 08:42 AM
    MhmmI'm so very sorry to hear that dude! Report report to Google on the forums and talk to one of those gold expert reps on the online chat! they said that supposedly the hissing is supposed to be decreased or non-existent at this pointñ I will say that I do think I hear a little bit of a difference now...
    See, the hissing was never a problem for me. Not sure if that's due to my hearing.
    06-12-2020 08:47 AM
    See, the hissing was never a problem for me. Not sure if that's due to my hearing.
    Honestly, neither was it for me. I'm hoping I don't have an issue with them outside. I haven't tested them outside yet.
    06-12-2020 08:48 AM
    I reached out to Google Chat support, and took the following steps:

1) Plug the charging case into a power source using the included USB-A to
    USB-C cable. Ensure that your Pixel Buds are seated within the charging case and leave the
    charging case open. At the back of the charging case, press and hold the pairing button for 30
    seconds. When the earbuds status light stops blinking, let go of the pairing button. The earbuds
    status light will blink white and orange until the reset is complete and then start blinking white to
    indicate that the Pixel Buds are ready to be paired. Your Pixel Buds will be reset.

2) Clear the phone's Bluetooth cache (Settings>Apps and Notifications>See all
    apps> menu bar>Show system apps> Bluetooth> Storage> Clear cache.

Now, after clearing the cache, I went ahead and reset the buds again to be sure. Now, I can leave In Ear Detection on, and when I cup my hand over an ear, there are no cut outs. I'll try out a phone call after work today and report back, but so far, so good!
    06-12-2020 12:05 PM
    I reached out to Google Chat support, and took the following steps:

1) Plug the charging case into a power source using the included USB-A to
    USB-C cable. Ensure that your Pixel Buds are seated within the charging case and leave the
    charging case open. At the back of the charging case, press and hold the pairing button for 30
    seconds. When the earbuds status light stops blinking, let go of the pairing button. The earbuds
    status light will blink white and orange until the reset is complete and then start blinking white to
    indicate that the Pixel Buds are ready to be paired. Your Pixel Buds will be reset.

2) Clear the phone's Bluetooth cache (Settings>Apps and Notifications>See all
    apps> menu bar>Show system apps> Bluetooth> Storage> Clear cache.

Now, after clearing the cache, I went ahead and reset the buds again to be sure. Now, I can leave In Ear Detection on, and when I cup my hand over an ear, there are no cut outs. I'll try out a phone call after work today and report back, but so far, so good!
    Well, excellent excellent suggestion. Thanks for the feedback! If I have any more issues in the future, I have to give it a shot myself.

Update: Well, I had to repair my pixel buds a couple of times with my Pixel 3 XL, but I think I finally got it with the in-ear detection function on, and adaptive sound of course turned on. I'll continue testing but so far so good. Thanks for posting that update again from Google support!
    jhilker likes this.
    06-12-2020 12:10 PM
    Thanks for this suggestion. I will try this. I have to say every time I use the Pixel Buds 2, I think of the line from Forrest Gump, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Sometimes it's intermittent drop/cut outs, sometimes it's sound in only one bud, sometimes the touch controls do not work. Every now and then the magic happens. But, geez! This is ridiculous!
    jhilker likes this.
    06-12-2020 01:09 PM
    Thanks for this suggestion. I will try this. I have to say every time I use the Pixel Buds 2, I think of the line from Forrest Gump, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Sometimes it's intermittent drop/cut outs, sometimes it's sound in only one bud, sometimes the touch controls do not work. Every now and then the magic happens. But, geez! This is ridiculous!
    Haha, that is an unfortunate but very good analogy! Overall since day one I received them in the mail though, my picks and bud twos have never failed me. There are a few hiccups along the way but other than talking to Google support about them a few times over the phone nothing horrible has happened and still testing this firmware update out.
    jhilker likes this.
    06-12-2020 01:17 PM
    So, yesterday, I went on a really long walk and testing pixel buds 2's with a new firmware and I new repairing suggestion from Google support. With any ear detection mode on. Last of pretty well. I love the future of just being able to recharge one but at a time and listen to the other but in my ear though. That's a great feature! Well that's not I had two random disconnects from my phone and my Google pixel bugs but not sure what that was about. Either from Android 11 beta 1, or the buds themselves. But other that they're absolutely fine.

Well, I will say this, after the firmware update / repairing my buds to my Pixel 3 XL a couple times yesterday morning, in addition with Android 11 beta one on my pixel through Excel, I have noticed that the Bluetooth battery status from Google play services in my notification shade does stay active as a persistent notification longer than it did in Android 10! I still have to resync the buds in the case every few times to get it to come back, but it does Stay as a persistent notification longer. This is at least until Google since I had a firmware update to hopefully improve that feature if they are going to do that. I submitted feedback regarding this.b
    06-13-2020 08:00 AM
    I'm still getting random BT disconnects with my pixel buds... What I've got to do is reboot my phone, and then everything's fine again. It's really weird...
    06-13-2020 01:13 PM
    Now, I'm retesting in ear detection off on my buds.
    06-13-2020 01:46 PM
    Thank you, so I noticed something interesting this morning with my pixel bud 2's. Even though I'm so anal and hyper focused regarding the battery percentages of my buds through the Google play services drop that notification for them in the notification shade. I did find them interesting interaction: when you're displays off and you're looking at your always on ambient display, with any of detection and adaptive sound on of course, flip your buds case open, pull out one of the buds but don't place it in your yard and within a few seconds or so, you should see that battery notification pop on to the ambient display just like any other notification without having to light up the lock screen, or unlock your phone. I mean granted I've had these buds now since the first came out as most of us have, and I've never really noticed that. What you got to do is flip the case open and leave it flipped open for a few seconds, then take I e if the buds out if the case, but don't place in your ear. You should see the battery notification light up on the always on ambient display now have you see that the in-ear detection sensor is really sensitive And maybe some future firmware updates Google can tweak this! The real annoying frustrating thing is it's just not consistent. Well, I hope this helps someone out here...
    jhilker likes this.
    06-15-2020 09:22 AM
    So, just out of curiosity, what does this option for mono audio actually do? It says combine audio channels but is it bad for the pixel buds?
    06-15-2020 07:34 PM
    It should provide mono sound instead of stereo. Basically the same sound in either bud. Possibly useful if you were sharing a bud so that you both heard the same sound.
    06-15-2020 09:14 PM
    It should provide mono sound instead of stereo. Basically the same sound in either bud. Possibly useful if you were sharing a bud so that you both heard the same sound.
    Ah, okay got you. I've never seen that option before an accessibility. That's why I'm asking. Thank you so much!
    06-15-2020 09:16 PM
    Ah, okay got you. I've never seen that option before an accessibility. That's why I'm asking. Thank you so much!
    I'm not sure how it is intended for use in accessibility setting but the end result should be monaural sound. Possibly if someone has impaired hearing in one ear this way they will still get full sound in the good ear.
    06-15-2020 09:24 PM
    I'm not sure how it is intended for use in accessibility setting but the end result should be monaural sound. Possibly if someone has impaired hearing in one ear this way they will still get full sound in the good ear.
    Got you got your cool thanks for the explanation I've never used that future before lol
    06-15-2020 09:27 PM
    There's another update available today, bringing it up to version 550, which is supposed to fix the connectivity issues we've been having, along with adding bass boost. You can also control volume separately on each bud, I'd your sharing with a friend. Still waiting for it to update on mine, but looking forward to testing it out.

The Verge: Google’s Pixel Buds get new transcribe mode, attention alerts, and sharing detection.
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/20/2...ction-features
    08-20-2020 11:54 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD