New Bass Control Feature for Pixel Buds A

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've read that the December Pixel Feature Drop will have a bass control goodie for Pixel Buds A owners. There will be a bass control slider inside the Pixel Buds app that will let you adjust the bass from -1 to +4. Currently there is a bass boost switch that is either on or off. Mine is always set to ON. It will be interesting to see how much more bass is available with the new slider control.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm looking forward to it. I always like a little extra bass and also one of the fixes is distortion on Bluetooth. A few times I've had that happen to me and I see there's a fix for it on the official December list..

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
My Pixel buds app got updated today but no bass slider.
I wonder if the phone app needs to be updated?

On another note, I just noticed I'm getting numbers for time remaining that's about 30% more than it used to show.
0a98a6ad89b401b9f2c589a6cd5ac68b.jpg

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got the firmware update for the A-series buds today. For some reason I don't see the bass slider. I have yet to receive an update for the Pixel buds app. I probably have to wait for that also.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes A-series.. the ones that I got free with the P6.

Open up the settings for the pixel buds and check for a firmware update. It might not be available to you yet. I just received mine this morning. Make sure you take at least one bud out of the case to force it to check for an update.