How's The Quality?

ndonnine

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Not that they are usually proGoogle, but Gizmo wrote a bad review. What's your experience?
https://gizmodo.com/googles-pixel-buds-arent-even-close-to-being-good-1820411288

They aren't great but they aren't bad. Compared to my bose wired they are a step down. The mids/highs sound great (comparable to the bose) but the bass and low frequencies sound bad. They buzz a lot. I listen to folk/punk/indie mostly so it's not as big of a deal but for those of you who listen to rap these headphones will not do.

However, compared to the headphones that came with samsung phones or to off the shelf $50 head phones these are much nicer.

Another thing to note is that most head phones take quite a few hours to "settle in" and get their best sound. So I won't know for a while.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I haven't used wireless headsets in about 10 years (Motorola S305). Currently listening to the speakers for podcasts. I'll miss the ability to fastforward/reverse.

Buzz a lot? That might be hard when listening to podcasts.

ndonnine

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
So I did further testing. My EQ was off on Google play music. I've turned it on and turned the bass boost off and the sound is much better on low ends.

I've been listening to mutiole genres and the sound has been very nice.

The notification feature is awesome for work. I can leave on ear piece in and double tap for my text. No one knows I'm listening to it so I don't look like a turd on my phone haha

ndonnine

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Also,

I have a home gym and I've set my phone down and walked to a different room to get water. The sound never dropped even at 15+ feet through a wood wall. That's a good feature.

Battery life I'm unsure of for now. You're suppose to place them into the case to shut them off and it recharges Everytime so I haven't been able to get a full use read on it.

The connection issues are not existent. The first time you pair it it is confusing. Afterwards you have it you do not have to connect it again. Just double tap the right ear piece and it picks up almost instantly. I think it hybernates with inactivity or being put into the case shuts it off.

ndonnine

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I sent mine back yesterday. I want them mainly for running but they have a tendency to fall out when you're sweating.

Just an fyi

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine. The sound is much better than I expected. For buds that aren't in ear units, they have a very full sound. Even better than both of my other pairs of in ear buds.

marcb11

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I got mine Friday and have been using them for only two days. I used them around the house, outside doing yard work and at the gym.

Some thoughts.

1. They sound great. Period.
2. Volume is amazing, yes they aren't ear sealing but the great clarity and volume allows them to pretty much immerse you in whatever you're listening too without being so loud it's painful.
3. They connect and are ready instantly. Initial pairing didn't go as automatic as Google says but since then take them out and they are ready to work.
4. They feel well made. Case, buds, charging cable all feels quality.
5. Fit takes some time to get right. They are easy to put in wrong and feel like they will fall out or uncomfortable. Once you find the right spot in your ear they feel great, secure and comfortable. Most I suspect have them twisted wrong in the ear and then use too much cord to compensate.
6. They don't fall out.
7. Assistance is amazing. Just amazing. Can't tell you how amazing it is, you need to try it.

I don't like that you can't skip songs, but assistance works so well and fast a finger on the right pod and say next or skip and boom song skips. No delays no waiting for assistance to acknowledge or confirm, touch, speak done. Really a none issue.

All the complaints about putting them in the case is laughable. It's a none issue, pop one in, the magnet grabs it, drop the other in, magnet grabs is, wrap the cord and close. It takes MAYBE 5 seconds to put them away.

The complaints about the touch pad being too sensitive or lack or sensor to know when they are out of the ear, so that putting them away causes the assistant to start or your media to play...yeah okay, but a smart person who is aware grabs the right one by the sides and pops it in the case and it's a none issue...especially once this becomes second nature.

Are they perfect, nope. But dang they are pretty nice and all the complaints I've read are so minor or blown out of proportion it's laughable. Then again, complaints sell clicks so....

Onkel Per

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I got mine Friday and have been using them for only two days. I used them around the house, outside doing yard work and at the gym.
Are they perfect, nope. But dang they are pretty nice and all the complaints I've read are so minor or blown out of proportion it's laughable. Then again, complaints sell clicks so....

I have now been using mine for over a year now. And my experiences fit very close to your comments.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Also,

I have a home gym and I've set my phone down and walked to a different room to get water. The sound never dropped even at 15+ feet through a wood wall. That's a good feature.

Battery life I'm unsure of for now. You're suppose to place them into the case to shut them off and it recharges Everytime so I haven't been able to get a full use read on it.

The connection issues are not existent. The first time you pair it it is confusing. Afterwards you have it you do not have to connect it again. Just double tap the right ear piece and it picks up almost instantly. I think it hybernates with inactivity or being put into the case shuts it off.
Yeah, you're upset right. Walk around with them without the phone it's pretty nice so far. I got mine last Thursday and I'm still within the return. But so far they're great! The distance is nice so far.
So I did further testing. My EQ was off on Google play music. I've turned it on and turned the bass boost off and the sound is much better on low ends.

I've been listening to mutiole genres and the sound has been very nice.

The notification feature is awesome for work. I can leave on ear piece in and double tap for my text. No one knows I'm listening to it so I don't look like a turd on my phone haha
Yeah, I'm just so used to having my EQ settings on it Google play music or YouTube music that when I turn my EQ settings off in the apps, the music really did sound a lot more flat you got to turn the EQ setting on and I had bass boosting surround sound on and it sounds great on the low end.