First, there's almost no instructions of what the lighting in the case means. Sadly. Second mine were connected then would not connect again
    Manual and auto connect seem to not work the second time.
    11-15-2017 05:24 AM
    Gizmodo article say you can only connect them to 1 device. if you connected them and then reset your phone, or tried to connect to a different device, you will need to use the reset button in the case. I don't have them, I am just telling you what the article said. Good luck. I actually cancelled my order. I wanted better sound than what the Pixel Buds provide. I picked up the Bowers and Wilkins PX wireless headphones. No google assistant or translate, but man do they sound incredible. If I ever get to Europe I will probably pick up a pair of Pixel Buds, just for the translate feature.

UPDATE: Although nowhere in the documentation for the B&W PX headphones, assistant does work, you just need to long press the pause button. So Yay!
    11-16-2017 11:42 AM
    I figured out the problem. You only have to do that case connection once then double tap them anytime you want to listen to them..

Gizmodos article was prematurely written because unlike other blue tooth devices this one can have music going in less than 2 seconds.

Also, who ever has an issue putting them abck in the case is ridiculously silly. That is not hard.
    11-17-2017 05:35 AM
    first time i opened mine they wouldn't go into pairing until I realized they have plastic covering the charging pins. Didn't see any instruction about taking them out, removing the plastic, putting them back in and then pairing.
    12-31-2017 08:05 AM