07-24-2021 07:08 PM
29 12
tools
    I thinks this is all normal. With the Pixel 3, Google changed from using EXT4 to F2FS, which is more secure: https://www.anandtech.com/show/13474...xel-3-review/2

I suspect rootfs is simply what they called the system storage filesystem prior to this change.

EDIT: Actually, I'm trying to figure out if rootfs appears only if the phone is rooted. You said you didn't, but where did you get this phone from? Is it possible the prior owner may have rooted it? Have you tried running a root check app?

Seems like it's needed for postmarket OS installation: https://wiki.postmarketos.org/index....le_view_mobile
    It wasn't a while back and still states it's not rooted,My comps not usable for at least couple days .I started looking around cause phone wasnt being its self.

Ok good to know about the f2fs,Maybe due to older security patch on pixel XL might be vulnerable to Systemless root or maybe due to factory reset unlocked bootloader not sure. Reckon probs just Android kernel code named factory root fs.
    07-24-2021 06:00 PM
    Ok yeah I read about that it's developed by google,In all pixels from 3 I believe isn't it ? New device time maybe.
    Yeah I believe so , definitely newer your original pixel serviced you well
    Freo D likes this.
    07-24-2021 06:27 PM
    It wasn't a while back and still states it's not rooted,My comps not usable for at least couple days .I started looking around cause phone wasnt being its self.

Ok good to know about the f2fs,Maybe due to older security patch on pixel XL might be vulnerable to Systemless root or maybe due to factory reset unlocked bootloader not sure. Reckon probs just Android kernel code named factory root fs.
    Possible if your bootloader unlock
    07-24-2021 06:28 PM
    Yeah I believe so , definitely newer your original pixel serviced you well
    For sure,It has been a useful choice. Will def stick with pixel and my HTC M.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-24-2021 07:08 PM
29 12