how long will this phone last?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i am thinking about buying a used one just to take advantage of the google photos. but i am not sure if it will last for a long time.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It depends on how the previous owner treated the battery. If they were careful and avoided deep discharges, then it could have another 2-3 years of decent life. The best way to assess the battery health would be Accubattery, but that would require you to actually own the phone. If you can speak with the seller, maybe you could convince them to install Accubattery and run the battery health feature for you.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
i am thinking about buying a used one just to take advantage of the google photos. but i am not sure if it will last for a long time.

The original pixel, or pixel 1, is a solid phone that should last a long time. Mine still works great. But if you're on ATT, most likely the phone won't work after February of next year because of their shutdown of 3G, and the fact that the phone isn't VoLTE supported. And most likely you couldn't even activate it now. I received a text from ATT telling me my pixel wouldn't work after February. Be sure and check with your carrier before you pick one up ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn