Updated Rendering of the Nexus Marlin

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
That's more like it. I hate that they are going back to bottom speakers, but I love those teeny tiny bezels. More screen, smaller phone, big battery?? Yup.

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It'll be very interesting to see what it actually looks like. There a few renderings out there and I always wonder if these are really based on anything real or just dreamed up by someone with a SolidWorks license and too much free time on their hands...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It'll be very interesting to see what it actually looks like. There a few renderings out there and I always wonder if these are really based on anything real or just dreamed up by someone with a SolidWorks license and too much free time on their hands...

It's almost always the latter.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, not really buying this render for the reasons below:

1. Android Police has proven to be an extremely reliable source of information.Their render had about 40% of the back of the phone in a glass or plastic pane along with the rest being probably metal.

2. Another article by Android Police had an animation showing the back fingerprint scanner also activating the pull down shade and the animation also mimics the previous leak with the 40% glass on the back.

3. This new render is from an article by Tech Droider, and to be honest, I've never heard of them, don't know them as a reliable leaker, the details are sketchy and I feel it might just be click-bait.

While I do think this new render looks better than the one Android Police had, I'm leaning towards the Android Police render being accurate and will be representative of the final design. Hope I'm wrong, as a 5.5" HTC 10 imo looks a lot better than the AP design, but I guess we'll see.