Supposed Pixel phones pictured in white

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't feel like I know enough to say whether I like or not. I mean, everyone who knows me knows I'm getting one, but I'm still using the 6p as my main and have no complaints that would force me to jump.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
As of right now I'm not overly excited about how they look, never really have been a fan of HTC at all so needless to say my disappointment there. I will give it an honest look on the unveiling

Rocky5000100

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I think it looks good enough. Looks have always been tertiary to me, after performance and use. I always put a case on my phone, so all I see for 2 years is the front panel anyways.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
What's blurred in the front?
It looks like a button... I ordered a "pixel xl case" from Amazon (more on that here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=5438116) and received a case with a little cardboard insert... That insert has a physical button in that location. See pic below:

7fc43e3cc4f5a1f4e00a56e54f5ba087.jpg

1a24798033ae20c7c7ad9ce5f0b57fe1.jpg

It is possible that these are just "placeholder" images, however the manufacturer of this case had to have enough info about the phone to design and produce this case... So, perhaps they knew what the front of it looked like as well?

Last edited:

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Why on Earth would they add a physical button back on that phone??? This is getting sad now. This looks like a damn Galaxy. Yuck.

Pixel Galaxy in the front, iPhone in the back!

Google failing epically since 2016.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What if this is a fingerprint sensor as well with shortcut assignment capabilities.

Some phones have fingerprint sensors on the back under the camera, others have them on the front at the bottom. Why not have 2 and be able to map certain actions to each?

I'd rather unlock my phone with my thumb on the front button, and use sensor on the back for something else....like taking pictures (especially in portrait mode). Flip the phone to landscape and the assignment changes on the front sensor. Now you can take landscape photos with the sensor on the front, or not.

Edit. Check out the features of Lenovo's Z2 Button on the front....hopefully if there is a button on the front of the Pixel, it can do this stuff.

Capture.JPG

Consider it similar to the active key on the S6 and S7 Active. Do whatever you want with it to access features or apps important to you. Maybe even you can use gestures with your thumb to launch up to 4 apps/shortcuts.

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
None of the renders have had a button although the blurry photos did have something there. However live video of it doesn't have anything on that bezel:

ead134b89429b3a577bf5d776055e1d3.jpg

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Watching people overreact to rumors = Priceless..

I'll wait until the 4th before I flip out or drool. From what I've seen so far, from reputable sources, I like the phone and will buy instantly..

Of course whatever Google says on the 4th could cause me to pass or drool.. I am expecting drool but who knows..

Look at the leaked photos and compare them to the image included with the case.. They are different! The leaked photo looks nothing like the paper image included with that case. Pay attention to the top bezel portion on both and compare.......

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Its like misdirection in a football play.

Pretend that the ball is going in one direction to draw the opposition to one side of the field, and then pass or run to the opposite side for a huge gain.

Maybe Google is throwing these mockups out there because they know many of us will bite on it like starved animals. On October 4th, they'll show us where they are really headed with all of this.

Then again...its only the Android enthusiasts getting worked up over the news. John Q Public probably won't see any leaked info because he's not looking for it.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Look at the leaked photos and compare them to the image included with the case.. They are different! The leaked photo looks nothing like the paper image included with that case. Pay attention to the top bezel portion on both and compare.......

True enough 😁 . I'm waiting until the 4th to pass judgement... I am still planning on picking up the XL so far.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Why on Earth would they add a physical button back on that phone??? This is getting sad now. This looks like a damn Galaxy. Yuck.

Pixel Galaxy in the front, iPhone in the back!

Google failing epically since 2016.
It's bizarre that you don't want a home button like pretty much everyone else prefers. I'm also not sure how you can see this phone is failing epically when we know so little about it.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Its like misdirection in a football play.

Pretend that the ball is going in one direction to draw the opposition to one side of the field, and then pass or run to the opposite side for a huge gain.

Maybe Google is throwing these mockups out there because they know many of us will bite on it like starved animals. On October 4th, they'll show us where they are really headed with all of this.

Then again...its only the Android enthusiasts getting worked up over the news. John Q Public probably won't see any leaked info because he's not looking for it.
John Q Public doesn't care about Nexus or Pixel phones anyway. I don't think I've ever seen someone in real life that had a Nexus phone.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
It's bizarre that you don't want a home button like pretty much everyone else prefers. I'm also not sure how you can see this phone is failing epically when we know so little about it.

Epic fails? Let's see, a weaker phone than the iPhone or galaxy, yet same price. Verizon exclusive (not counting direct sales from Google). 2770 mAh battery on the Pixel. A home button??? In 2016? IP53 water resistance, in a world when phones are waterPROOF, yet costs the same. Mono, bottom firing speakers have returned. No more rooting? That's fun.

And............ that's the show.