09-25-2016 10:44 PM
39 12
tools
    09-19-2016 07:29 PM
    Thoughts?
    09-19-2016 07:32 PM
    Thoughts?
    I'm glad I've got the 6P, honestly. I'm not impressed with these.
    09-19-2016 08:03 PM
    I don't feel like I know enough to say whether I like or not. I mean, everyone who knows me knows I'm getting one, but I'm still using the 6p as my main and have no complaints that would force me to jump.
    09-19-2016 08:16 PM
    I'd like to see it in black before making a final judgement, but I kinda dig the back design with the glass panel.
    09-19-2016 08:41 PM
    As of right now I'm not overly excited about how they look, never really have been a fan of HTC at all so needless to say my disappointment there. I will give it an honest look on the unveiling
    09-19-2016 09:33 PM
    I think it looks good enough. Looks have always been tertiary to me, after performance and use. I always put a case on my phone, so all I see for 2 years is the front panel anyways.
    Rocketsaucev2 likes this.
    09-20-2016 07:44 AM
    What's blurred in the front?
    09-21-2016 10:22 PM
    What's blurred in the front?
    It looks like a button... I ordered a "pixel xl case" from Amazon (more on that here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=5438116) and received a case with a little cardboard insert... That insert has a physical button in that location. See pic below:

It is possible that these are just "placeholder" images, however the manufacturer of this case had to have enough info about the phone to design and produce this case... So, perhaps they knew what the front of it looked like as well?
    09-22-2016 02:12 AM
    Why on Earth would they add a physical button back on that phone??? This is getting sad now. This looks like a damn Galaxy. Yuck.

Pixel Galaxy in the front, iPhone in the back!

Google failing epically since 2016.
    09-22-2016 05:34 AM
    Would really be disappointed if there is a physical button
    09-22-2016 06:29 AM
    What if this is a fingerprint sensor as well with shortcut assignment capabilities.

Some phones have fingerprint sensors on the back under the camera, others have them on the front at the bottom. Why not have 2 and be able to map certain actions to each?

I'd rather unlock my phone with my thumb on the front button, and use sensor on the back for something else....like taking pictures (especially in portrait mode). Flip the phone to landscape and the assignment changes on the front sensor. Now you can take landscape photos with the sensor on the front, or not.

Edit. Check out the features of Lenovo's Z2 Button on the front....hopefully if there is a button on the front of the Pixel, it can do this stuff.

Supposed Pixel phones pictured in white-capture.jpg

Consider it similar to the active key on the S6 and S7 Active. Do whatever you want with it to access features or apps important to you. Maybe even you can use gestures with your thumb to launch up to 4 apps/shortcuts.
    09-22-2016 07:50 AM
    None of the renders have had a button although the blurry photos did have something there. However live video of it doesn't have anything on that bezel:

09-22-2016 09:48 AM
    Watching people overreact to rumors = Priceless..

I'll wait until the 4th before I flip out or drool. From what I've seen so far, from reputable sources, I like the phone and will buy instantly..

Of course whatever Google says on the 4th could cause me to pass or drool.. I am expecting drool but who knows..

Look at the leaked photos and compare them to the image included with the case.. They are different! The leaked photo looks nothing like the paper image included with that case. Pay attention to the top bezel portion on both and compare.......
    Law2138, TheDoctor 46 and Penguwin like this.
    09-22-2016 10:08 AM
    Its like misdirection in a football play.

Pretend that the ball is going in one direction to draw the opposition to one side of the field, and then pass or run to the opposite side for a huge gain.

Maybe Google is throwing these mockups out there because they know many of us will bite on it like starved animals. On October 4th, they'll show us where they are really headed with all of this.

Then again...its only the Android enthusiasts getting worked up over the news. John Q Public probably won't see any leaked info because he's not looking for it.
    09-22-2016 10:28 AM
    Look at the leaked photos and compare them to the image included with the case.. They are different! The leaked photo looks nothing like the paper image included with that case. Pay attention to the top bezel portion on both and compare.......
    True enough 😁 . I'm waiting until the 4th to pass judgement... I am still planning on picking up the XL so far.
    09-22-2016 11:06 AM
    Why on Earth would they add a physical button back on that phone??? This is getting sad now. This looks like a damn Galaxy. Yuck.

Pixel Galaxy in the front, iPhone in the back!

Google failing epically since 2016.
    It's bizarre that you don't want a home button like pretty much everyone else prefers. I'm also not sure how you can see this phone is failing epically when we know so little about it.
    09-24-2016 01:23 PM
    Its like misdirection in a football play.

Pretend that the ball is going in one direction to draw the opposition to one side of the field, and then pass or run to the opposite side for a huge gain.

Maybe Google is throwing these mockups out there because they know many of us will bite on it like starved animals. On October 4th, they'll show us where they are really headed with all of this.

Then again...its only the Android enthusiasts getting worked up over the news. John Q Public probably won't see any leaked info because he's not looking for it.
    John Q Public doesn't care about Nexus or Pixel phones anyway. I don't think I've ever seen someone in real life that had a Nexus phone.
    09-24-2016 01:24 PM
    It's bizarre that you don't want a home button like pretty much everyone else prefers. I'm also not sure how you can see this phone is failing epically when we know so little about it.
    Epic fails? Let's see, a weaker phone than the iPhone or galaxy, yet same price. Verizon exclusive (not counting direct sales from Google). 2770 mAh battery on the Pixel. A home button??? In 2016? IP53 water resistance, in a world when phones are waterPROOF, yet costs the same. Mono, bottom firing speakers have returned. No more rooting? That's fun.

And............ that's the show.
    09-24-2016 01:37 PM
    The physical button issue, AC says isn't an issue. So, there is that.
    Aquila and Penguwin like this.
    09-24-2016 01:58 PM
    What's bizarre is assuming almost everyone prefers having a home button.
    09-24-2016 02:08 PM
    No buttons in the front. FPS is on the back and it has software keys not caps or physical buttons.
    09-24-2016 02:53 PM
    What's bizarre is assuming almost everyone prefers having a home button.
    No, it isn't. The most popular phones have home buttons. I've heard reviewers complain when a fingerprint sensor on the front of a phone didn't also serve as a home button.
    09-24-2016 03:19 PM
    Epic fails? Let's see, a weaker phone than the iPhone or galaxy, yet same price. Verizon exclusive (not counting direct sales from Google). 2770 mAh battery on the Pixel. A home button??? In 2016? IP53 water resistance, in a world when phones are waterPROOF, yet costs the same. Mono, bottom firing speakers have returned. No more rooting? That's fun.

And............ that's the show.
    The Snapdragon 821 would be the most powerful processor on an Android phone. Even if it got the 820, it would still be on par with every Android flagship in 2016.

A 2,770 mAh battery on a 5.2" 1080p phone would provide great battery life. My LG G2 had a 5.2" 1080p screen with a 3,000 mAh battery and my LG G2 averaged 7.5 hours of screen on time when it was new.

The most popular phones have home buttons. Most people prefer home buttons. It's odd to me that in 2016 people are still ok with the unsightly on-screen buttons that waste display space.

There is nothing wrong with IP53. Most modern phones can handle quite a bit of water with no real problems. Most phones have no rating whatsoever.

Mono speakers on the bottom aren't a big deal. My Note 5 has a mono speaker and it sounds fine.

Not sure why anyone would need to root a phone with stock Android on it.
    09-24-2016 03:28 PM
    No, it isn't. The most popular phones have home buttons. I've heard reviewers complain when a fingerprint sensor on the front of a phone didn't also serve as a home button.
    They do but that's not a reflection of what people want since those companies have never given a choice. As for the reviews, I agree. If you're going to have a FPS on the front, make it a home button too.
    09-24-2016 03:45 PM
39 12