will either Pixel phone have AMOLED screen?

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Not a fan of Samsung or Moto phones? :(

Not a fan of AMOLED so I try to avoid it if possible. Samsung has never made a phone that interested me, but my wife has had several. Had several moto phones and not to happy with updates, battery and screen. I have a soft spot for HTC and wanted to get the A9 but the AMOLED screen prevented me from doing so.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
wanted to get the A9 but the AMOLED screen prevented me from doing so.

the HTC A9 puzzles me... as much as I love AMOLED screens, I'm not really sure why HTC felt the need to put a low-quality AMOLED screen on a budget phone like the A9? It kind of defeats the purpose.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Not a fan of AMOLED so I try to avoid it if possible. Samsung has never made a phone that interested me, but my wife has had several. Had several moto phones and not to happy with updates, battery and screen. I have a soft spot for HTC and wanted to get the A9 but the AMOLED screen prevented me from doing so.
Aside from burn-in, I don't know why you wouldn't be a fan of Samsung displays. They're easily the best smart phone displays.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Both are AMOLED ;)

Is it the awesome top-of-the-line AMOLED? (like on the Samsung Note 7 and S7)

Or the subpar AMOLED, like on the Moto, HTC, ZTE, and Huawei(6p)?

I just realized I'm obsessed with AMOLED screens. (all 7 phones and 3 tablets on my desk right now are AMOLED screens... all Samsung) Each generation just gets better and better.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
2016 Moto Z AMOLED isn't subpar either, although it isn't quite Samsung. But it doesn't blow up, lag, or have a pretty useless edge that's easy to break so there is that :).'

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking forward to AMOLED after spending time with both a moto x pure and Nexus 5x, both of which are lcd. I really miss the deep blacks of AMOLED and have grown tired of moto/ambient display lighting up the whole screen

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
That's funny. I have both a Moto X Pure and Nexus 5x. I recently got a Moto Z Play (which I know isn't a high end AMOLED) but I prefer the lcd of the Pure and 5x. Yeah, the blacks are deeper but the AMOLED color is either over saturated (vibrant mode color mode) or muted (standard color mode). I still prefer the lcd of the 5x or Pure. That's about my only complaint of the Moto Z Play though.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
That's exactly why I looked at replacing the MXPE. They battery is just horrible. Was going to give the MXPE to my daugher but I think she wouldn't be able to function with that battery life. The MXPE was fine for me since I was at my desk 5 days a week and could keep it charged but for a teenager at school all day the battery isn't going to cut it for her. Anyway the AMOLED of the Z Play is still fine though, just takes a little getting used to after using phones with lcd for a while.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Aside from burn-in, I don't know why you wouldn't be a fan of Samsung displays. They're easily the best smart phone displays.

I have yet to see an s7 or s7 edge in person that looks as good as the screen on the HTC 10. I have seven friends that have an s7 or the edge and have viewed at least 15 in stores. Haven't seen any of them get any brighter than my 10. I prefer the whites of an LCD more than AMOLED. Don't care for the over saturated colors on AMOLED screens and that includes th s7 even though it's better than it used to be. I can see the PenTile matrix on most AMOLED screens I have viewed. And for some reason to my eyes AMOLED screens look kinda hazy or washed out and I don't have any problems with that on a good LCD screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20