Any takers on the Pixel?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Who has already decided on getting the smaller form factor? I know I am. Can't wait for the announcement.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Any takers?

Me too. There's a lot to look forward to, including the OLED display, my own experience of which is limited to Nokia Lumias.

MarcheLive

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I'd be all over it from day one if it wasn't being built by HTC. I have a concerns about HTC build quality. I wish Google had stayed with Huawei. They built a quality phone with the Nexus 6/6P.
I'll wait for the Pixel reviews before buying.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Depends on price. If they follow the old Nexus pricing model, I'm sold. If they revert to Samsung/Apple pricing (as recent rumors suggest), I'll wait for reviews. A sale will then depend on whether or not it's a step above an iPhone 7 and the Galaxy S7. If it's equal... no point, no buy.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I was getting all excited till I heard about pricing. For me to have to spend that kind of moola, this phone would have to blow the galaxy S7 EDGE out of the water.

chin chen

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Probably going for the Pixel 128gb. I have the Htc 10, which i like, but i want a Nexus and just wanted to use this one til the Nexus comes out and i am sure it is an upgrade. So i probably will be going for the Pixel

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll preorder as well, because that's what I do for any phone that catches my attention. Not sure if it'll make it past the 14 day return policy though.

Ultrapale

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Having a little trouble deciding between this and that XL, but I'll definitely be getting one. I've passed on all the other phones since my S6, which I don't love, but nothing really did it for me. I'm basically taking a shot at a pixel regardless. I almost went iPhone.....tried out my wife's old 6, and it wasn't bad....until it wouldn't let me order a Kindle book from the Amazon app. For whatever reason that really pushes a button for me. I know I can go through a browser page, I just shouldn't have to.
I'll have a pixel please.

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Despite currently having a nexus 6, I would like to get the smaller of the pixel phones. That will be conditional on battery life though. But I'm glad the camera technology will be the same in both phones.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Depends on price. If they follow the old Nexus pricing model, I'm sold. If they revert to Samsung/Apple pricing (as recent rumors suggest), I'll wait for reviews. A sale will then depend on whether or not it's a step above an iPhone 7 and the Galaxy S7. If it's equal... no point, no buy.

Or revert to Nexus One pricing.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I actually like / prefer the smaller form factor, which is why I purchased the Nexus 5x instead of the 6p. However, I've had some issues with my 5x (lag, reboot loop of death requiring a phone RMA & replacement, etc). All the while, a couple friends had no issues with their 6p's and the little time I used one was enjoyable.

So, this time around... I'm going after the big one, the XL. I've tried big phones before (the Nexus 6) and regretted it... We'll see how I can manage with the XL this time around.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I got a 5x to try out fi. I love the phone and the service. So far fi is giving me no issues and performing as well as verizon. But if what I've read on the pixel phones are true, forget it. Im not paying more money for a lackluster phone. Currently, I've got an S7 EDGE on Verizon and wanted to give that up to go fully with fi. But Google would have to give me a product that, at least, comes very close to the S7 edge. Or greatly reduce the price of these devices.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Recently got a nice used HTC 10 which has exceeded my expectations. So will be watching to see how it goes, but would opt for the smaller 5.0 screen. The battery size is a tad concerning tho.
A post above said they did not care for HTC build quality. they must have had a bad experience as ever since the M7, M8, M9 and now the 10 build quality is top notch. I'm certain the pixels will have great build quality, but I won't be an early adopter this time around so will be able to get a good feel from real user reviews first.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I agree that HTC has excellent build quality.. HTC is simply getting killed by Samsung's multi billion dollar marketing frenzy... Which is kind of funny if you think about it because a few years ago Samsung was the laughing stock of Android and people loathed TouchWiz.. Amazing what commercials can do to sway opinions..

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am also more interested in the Pixel over the Pixel XL.
I have had the larger screen phones as well.
But just want to go back to a smaller form factor for a change :)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Interested in Pixel this year if it has same specs as XL. I don't mind lesser resolution screen but if the internals are same as XL then it's pixel for me. This year downsizing from bigger phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63