Like most of you, I've read every bit of print on the new pixel phones. I've come to one conclusion. Either Google is teasing us with false specs and looks, or they just want to get out of the smartphone business and are putting out absolutely lackluster pixels at ridiculous prices so we'll continue to go elsewhere. The sad thing for me is that I just joined project fi with a 5x to test it out so I could leave verizon. I thought that if I liked it enough, I'd get the new premium pixel XL when out. But, as a samsung galaxy S7 EDGE owner, they'd have to really introduce something spectacular and not a lackluster, ugly, overpriced device. So I think everything we've seen, so far, is a tease. What do you think? By the way, I like the 5x. It keeps up pretty well with the S7 edge. Certainly the screen isn't as good, and the build quality isn't either, but a worthy smartphone that I'd be happy to keep.
    Law2138 likes this.
    09-22-2016 08:30 AM
    I'm not sure how Google could be teasing us with false specs and looks when Google hasn't given us any specs or looks
    raqball likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:22 AM
    I'm not sure how Google could be teasing us with false specs and looks when Google hasn't given us any specs or looks
    The only people in tune to what the Pixel is rumored to have, are people like us. There might be some misdirection just to keep the rumor mill churning or to ensure us that "we really don't know" what we think we do.

The public knows nothing of the Pixel other than what they saw on the ads in NYC and on Monday Night Football. A phone is coming from Google, and it appears to take nice pictures.
    09-22-2016 10:13 AM
    I stand corrected. You're absolutely right. We've been getting rumors from other sources. Let's wait and HOPE.
    09-22-2016 10:13 AM
    I like the teases that have been thrown to us by Google. They've certainly hyped me up. I feel like Google doing such a thing means they do have something great to show us, otherwise why bother, you know?
    09-22-2016 11:37 AM