When Google sold off motorola, they kept most of the patens right? I know they have ambient display on nexuses but i haven't had a nexus since the galaxy nexus. I loved moto x and the always on display, so much i've had all 3. So how will Google or will Google implement it in the pixel? I don't see that it has sensors on the front of the phone. What do you think?
    Ryano89 likes this.
    09-27-2016 10:45 PM
    When Google sold off motorola, they kept most of the patens right? I know they have ambient display on nexuses but i haven't had a nexus since the galaxy nexus. I loved moto x and the always on display, so much i've had all 3. So how will Google or will Google implement it in the pixel? I don't see that it has sensors on the front of the phone. What do you think?
    They will probably have ambient display, but it activates on my 5x when the device is picked up or moved (it also does the 'breathing' after notifications come in) instead of with a hand wave over the device. AMOLED on the new pixels will only make this better
    09-27-2016 10:48 PM
    "breathing after notifications" whats that?
    09-27-2016 11:04 PM
    "breathing" is used to describe the ambient display notification fading in and out for a certain period of time.

Also, you just made me have an epiphany. I have the Moto Z force and one thing I really miss is the "breathing" of notifications. I had never even thought of Google keeping a patent for the reason why the motos no longer have that function.
    Ryano89 likes this.
    09-27-2016 11:14 PM
    "breathing" is used to describe the ambient display notification fading in and out for a certain period of time.

Also, you just made me have an epiphany. I have the Moto Z force and one thing I really miss is the "breathing" of notifications. I had never even thought of Google keeping a patent for the reason why the motos no longer have that function.
    But you know what? i think motorola did it better. i saw the ambient display on the moto z and i wasnt impressed. ill say i didnt play with it, but i like how the moto display is done.
    09-28-2016 02:38 AM
    But you know what? i think motorola did it better. i saw the ambient display on the moto z and i wasnt impressed. ill say i didnt play with it, but i like how the moto display is done.
    They certainly did do it better but for some reason I really like the fact that ambient display on the Nexus is the actual lock screen where moto display is a whole separate app, like a second lock screen
    09-28-2016 05:45 AM
    can you go to a certain notification on ambient display? or just it just unlock the entire phone before you go to the notification?
    09-28-2016 05:31 PM
    You can go to specific notifications. It's the actual Android lock screen, just in black and white until you touch it
    09-29-2016 07:10 AM