10-11-2016 07:44 AM
37 12
tools
    Yet someone just commented that the opo3 has the NFC in the camera area....meaning it's not all metal... Is it?
    Lol really kinda mincing words there aren't you?
    I mean by your definition there are no metal phones. Then your original statement is pretty meaningless to be honest.
    benjamminh and codeda like this.
    10-07-2016 11:28 AM
    If the glass is for antenna hotness, why the band on the bottom of the phone?

Sorry, but it feels like a half-baked add-on for the sake of flair. You don't need to be upset by others not liking something you like, it's purely subjective.

If someone gives a legitimate reason for the glass (such as touch sensitive scrolling, better antennas, etc) then I'll just shrug and agree.

But I do know it's not for NFC compatibility.
    Crimsonforce likes this.
    10-07-2016 03:47 PM
    I saw from few reviewers telling that it is for NFC purposes.
    10-07-2016 10:15 PM

Sorry, but it feels like a half-baked add-on for the sake of flair. You don't need to be upset by others not liking something you like, it's purely subjective.

If someone gives a legitimate reason for the glass (such as touch sensitive scrolling, better antennas, etc) then I'll just shrug and agree.

The iPhone also has two bands. Rumor is that one is used for the primary cell antenna and the other is for the secondary cell antenna, GPS, Bluetooth, etc.

The same is true for the Nexus 6P. It has a plastic shield at the bottom and a glass panel at the top.

As I mentioned above, the glass panel allows more room so that the antennas aren't concentrated in a small area.
    10-08-2016 07:45 AM

They probably have antennas at the top and bottom so that they can get the best signal
    10-08-2016 09:44 AM
    I think it's just used to give the antenna ample reception and manybe just part of its look. I'm not liking it tho, it feels incomplete to have just partial if it glass. I'm guessing they choose to only do a part of it because glass is slippery compared to metal.
    10-09-2016 10:50 AM
    Maybe it's where it communicates with the v.r. headset. They did say it was wireless. And it has to transfer data somehow. Is this a possibility?
    10-10-2016 06:11 PM
    You're right of course. But the poster I replied too said metal phones did not have NFC. That is not correct as there are several metals phones that have NFC with the OnePlus 3 being just one of them.
    If it's under the camera panel, which is not metal, it's not an all metal phone
    10-10-2016 06:53 PM
    You're right...there are no all metal phones.They have glass displays too :-)
    10-10-2016 10:20 PM
    The antenna placement behind the glass gives the phone up to 4X the signal boost.
    10-11-2016 07:39 AM
    If it's under the camera panel, which is not metal, it's not an all metal phone
    Well the camera itself isn't metal.... unless you want to get rid of the camera too
    10-11-2016 07:43 AM
    You're right...there are no all metal phones.They have glass displays too :-)
    All metal back...
    10-11-2016 07:44 AM
37 12