10-06-2016 09:45 PM
69 123
tools
    Appears to have complete marketing and specs with one error*** that doesn't include the typo that @Kevin O'Quinn pointed out with "Knock Knoc"

Pixel http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=HEMLHHBJ
    Pixel XL http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=HEMLHHBJ

***Note that the Micro SD card slot is false.
    xocomaox, Penguwin and Matty like this.
    10-02-2016 09:13 PM
    Hard to say with precise confidence that it is an error, Mr. Mister.
    10-02-2016 09:19 PM
    True. Everyone that would know said no Micro SD slot, but everyone that would know could be wrong or the site could be wrong. Guess we find out Tuesday?
    10-02-2016 09:53 PM
    Great find ๐Ÿ‘ we'll see if it's right in a few days :-)
    10-02-2016 10:45 PM
    Omg iPhone.
    10-02-2016 11:10 PM
    Omg iPhone.
    Even the frosted dock for icons and folder design. Maybe the SD821 rumors are wrong and it'll run on an A10?
    10-02-2016 11:29 PM
    True. Everyone that would know said no Micro SD slot, but everyone that would know could be wrong or the site could be wrong. Guess we find out Tuesday?

I will absolutely refuse to buy the Pixel phone if there is a MicroSD slot.
    Hate it... don't want it... no, thank you.
    10-03-2016 01:34 AM
    What is the upper 1/3 of the back so shinny? Is that suppose
    to act like a mirror? Or help position the shot when using the
    rear camera as a selfie camera for much better photo quality?
    10-03-2016 01:38 AM
    Not really sure yet... Hopefully this is touched upon on Tuesday.

However, it's not like we haven't seen a phone with selfie mirror before or anything ๐Ÿ˜ .
    10-03-2016 01:43 AM
    Of course it's a mistake. It's way too early and there may be consequences for early showing.
    10-03-2016 03:38 AM
    i think this leak was done intentionally. Just like Blackberry 'accidentally' leaked all the specs for their upcoming device on their website. i still don't understand why the back of the device has 2 different pieces.
    10-03-2016 03:41 AM
    Ever since i saw the first leak of the device. i always thought it was just the camera angle and the glass was just shining in one area. But after more and more photos emerged wight he same line 1/3 from the top i also started to wonder... why?
    10-03-2016 03:44 AM
    i think this leak was done intentionally. Just like Blackberry 'accidentally' leaked all the specs for their upcoming device on their website. i still don't understand why the back of the device has 2 different pieces.
    based on the number of threads and views about the Pixel on Android Central and other Android forums, I think it's safe to say that several hundred people saw the leak. (compared to millions of views when photos of upcoming iPhones leaked out)
    10-03-2016 04:28 AM
    These phones looks promising. The only concern in my opinion is the lack of micro-sd slot and the small size of that lens. Looks like there'll be a small sensor, and that's never a good thing!
    10-03-2016 07:17 AM
    I thought that was the portion that was rumored to be a touchpad?
    10-03-2016 08:02 AM
    These phones looks promising. The only concern in my opinion is the lack of micro-sd slot and the small size of that lens. Looks like there'll be a small sensor, and that's never a good thing!
    I don't know what size the sensor is, but the pixels are supposed to be 1.55 microns large or whatever that unit of measurement is and 1/2.0 aperture.
    10-03-2016 08:05 AM
    page is gone ? 404
    anyway the announcement is tomorrow right?

goodbye nexus
    10-03-2016 08:20 AM
    With 128 GB options, hard to be concerned about a lack of microSD slot.
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    10-03-2016 08:39 AM
    With 128 GB options, hard to be concerned about a lack of microSD slot.
    But why pull an Apple and force people to spend an extra $100+ when all they had to do was put in a stupid slot? I skipped the 6P and will be skipping this as well if it is not included. Samsung listened to the outcry after screwing this up with the S6 and Note 5. Would be nice if Google did the same.
    10-03-2016 09:39 AM
    But why pull an Apple and force people to spend an extra $100+ when all they had to do was put in a stupid slot? I skipped the 6P and will be skipping this as well if it is not included. Samsung listened to the outcry after screwing this up with the S6 and Note 5. Would be nice if Google did the same.
    They haven't had an SD card slot since the Nexus 4. Why would this be any different?
    Breuklen likes this.
    10-03-2016 09:54 AM
    Because no matter how much a tiny part of the population bemoans the issue, SD cards still suck when compared to internal storage. So if you get to a sufficient quantity internal storage, the SD card becomes irrelevant in developed markets. The markets that need SD cards and are the primary driving force behind their inclusion in Android are those where A) connectivity options are slim to none in many areas and B) OEM's are still making devices with 4 to 16 GB of internal storage. Those markets are almost entirely absent from AC's readership, so the markets that microSD cards are intended for are not represented here, therefore it is safe to say that for most here, it's a more reasonable option to have more internal storage. That said, it's clear that some people still prefer that feature and that's fine - like what you like - but internal storage is faster, more secure, more stable, less confusing, less hassle and easier to design around from an engineering and design standpoint, so from an OEM perspective, internal is better in markets that have better connectivity and larger storage options.
    Breuklen and dc52ltr like this.
    10-03-2016 10:00 AM
    They added adaptable storage with Marshmallow. Why not use the feature they introduced?
    10-03-2016 10:02 AM
    Hard pass...
    10-03-2016 10:05 AM
    Here's a list of the Nexus devices I'm aware of:

Nexus One
    Nexus S
    Galaxy Nexus
    Nexus 4
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 6
    Nexus 5X
    Nexus 6P
    Nexus Player
    Nexus Q
    Nexus 7 (2012)
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Nexus 9
    Nexus 10

Of all of those 14 devices, only one (the Nexus One) had a microSD slot and that was because it had 0.5GB internal storage.

But, the Pixel devices are not Nexus devices and not related to Nexus devices, so it doesn't necessarily mean that there will be any philo in common - however if we make the assumption that Google was getting at least some of what they wanted from the OEM partners in the 14 Nexus devices, particularly the last 6 or so ... and we know the Pixel phones are EXACTLY what they want and so those intentions could have some overlap. That said, the first two Pixel devices ever made did have a SD card slot and the third, the Pixel C did not - so there's no pattern established yet.
    10-03-2016 10:07 AM
    They added adaptable storage with Marshmallow. Why not use the feature they introduced?
    Google still fully expects microSD card usage to continue in emerging markets and in Marshmallow they fixed most of the major security concerns. That doesn't mean they want to put that degradation in quality and user experience into their own flagships. If they wanted it, wouldn't their Marshmallow reference devices, the 6P, 5X and Pixel C have had the feature?
    10-03-2016 10:08 AM
69 123