Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Suddenly, this has become a Verizon preorder thread. I'd give up cellular service before I'd use Verizon. :p

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Starting to think we a need 2 threads for this. Those that ordered through Verizion and those that ordered through the Play store.

xemtra

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordered with Verizon online OCT 11th, 32gb pixel XL black. Got order notification text from verizon about 940pm. Woke up this morning and had shipping email with tracking at 4am. Sorry for those google play store jellys ;P

jermehr

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I was at a Verizon store in Ocala, Fl on Saturday and they received a shipment of pixel phones that day. I was able to hold an XL. Very nice. Now to wait for my pre order from google.

They absolutely should not have let you handle an unreleased phone, I'm surprised by that -- what did you think, though?

jermehr

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Pre-ordered with Verizon online OCT 11th, 32gb pixel XL black. Got order notification text from verizon about 940pm. Woke up this morning and had shipping email with tracking at 4am. Sorry for those google play store jellys ;P

I'll wait an extra day or two for unlocked bootloader and guaranteed updates. :p

Delecron

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I'll wait an extra day or two for unlocked bootloader and guaranteed updates. :p

My friend, speaking as an ex-vzw tech with a decade of experience, if you think they are really going to allow that then I have a bridge to sell you, just come over here and bend over lol. You have a better chance of getting bug fixes for your brain from god (and could I use one!) before android updates go out timely. They are so scared ****less of that OS and what it could do to the network I'm surprised they still sell them. This was a company who wanted Blackberry to win the OS wars.

On another note, why are Verizon 128gb Black Pixel XL's shipping but not Google Store ? It's maddening.

jermehr

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
My friend, speaking as an ex-vzw tech with a decade of experience, if you think they are really going to allow that then I have a bridge to sell you, just come over here and bend over lol. You have a better chance of getting bug fixes for your brain from god (and could I use one!) before android updates go out timely. They are so scared ****less of that OS and what it could do to the network I'm surprised they still sell them. This was a company who wanted Blackberry to win the OS wars.

On another note, why are Verizon 128gb Black Pixel XL's shipping but not Google Store ? It's maddening.

I work for Big Red. That is exactly why I chose to buy my phone unlocked from Google rather than buy it from VZW -- they won't have any ability to intervene with or stop Android updates, just like anybody who bought a Nexus 6P and used it on VZW got instant Android updates.

This has been the case since mid-2015 when Verizon opened up to BYOD.

CollinFX45

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Dang, I got the charge from Verizon last night too but am sad to see my silver 128gb model as still "processing" this morning and not shipped like the rest of you folks. Anyone else on Verizon who preordered a day or two after it came out not get their shipping confirmation this morning? I was patient until all you other folks started getting notification :)

-Collin-

lunchbox88

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Dang, I got the charge from Verizon last night too but am sad to see my silver 128gb model as still "processing" this morning and not shipped like the rest of you folks. Anyone else on Verizon who preordered a day or two after it came out not get their shipping confirmation this morning? I was patient until all you other folks started getting notification :)

-Collin-

I got charged last night and mine is still "processing" as well. Black 128gb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay