Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Mine supposedly ships 11/23-11/25 but went to processing today? Does it normally switch to processing that far in advance if not shipping? That means if find somewhere else the order can't be cancelled. Any experience with this?

awinash

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if one of you ordered through google and already have shipping info if you could post your order number, just curious how close I am :)

I'm interested in knowing that as well. My account got charged last night and this morning, I noticed my status showing "Processing".

PixelXL 128, silver, ordered Google store 10/04, free shipping (26-28).

drew879

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone else is stuck in "Processing" limbo: my order went to "Closed" at 10:30pm ET last night, went to "Processing" at some point overnight, but still hasn't shipped. Since I did free shipping I'm starting to lose hope that it will arrive before next week, but my delivery window has been 10/26-10/28 all along...

robpasell

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in knowing that as well. My account got charged last night and this morning, I noticed my status showing "Processing".

PixelXL 128, silver, ordered Google store 10/04, free shipping (26-28).

Mine went from processing at about 6am this morning to Shipped about 3 hours later.

chris rose3

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Ordered 128 Black XL within first 30 minutes Oct 4th. No protection, no Fi sim (btw - Project Fi support confirmed for me that the 6P sim will work just fine in the Pixel. That wasn't the case when I went from the 6 to the 6P).

Status changed from Pending to Processing last night. Still in Processing. Original confirmation email says Oct 26 to 28.

sraj49

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure the rep you spoke with didn't mistake closed as meaning canceled? The reason I ask is because this time around for some reason, the order process goes from pre order, pending, closed, processing, and finally to shipped. If the rep saw closed on your order he/shw may have mistaken it for canceled.

No. My status changed from pending to closed and noise or changed to processing.

menski

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Just spoke with google support. They said that adding protection and fi sim "should" not affect the speed that the order is processed. I contacted support live chat just to see if I could change my shipping to expedited and they informed me I could not because my order is already packed up and ready to ship. Just sitting in their dock waiting for the carrier. They advised I can expect my device between oct 26-28 as stated on my original order and in the order status page, fingers crossed it moves faster than that!

drew879

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Status just changed to "Shipped!" No e-mail or tracking number yet, but I was able to access tracking on fedex.com using the steps previously outlined:
  1. Go to https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...dex.com%2Fapps%2Ffedextrack%2F&token=MyvLbbuM
  2. Click on "Track by Reference"
  3. Enter your order ID (without the "GPD." at the beginning) as the reference, pick your country and postal code

For those who care:
  • Black 128GB XL
  • Ordered through Fi Store on 10/5 at 3:20pm ET
  • Original delivery estimate (which never changed) was 10/26-10/28
  • Moved to "Closed" 10/18 at 10:30pm ET
  • Moved to "Processing" at some point in the early morning of 10/19
  • Moved to "Shipped" on 10/19 at 3:55pm ET
  • Estimated delivery per FedEx is "10/21 by end of day"

Happy refreshing! Now I get to pound the FedEx website instead of the Google Store website. :)

awinash

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I contacted support live chat just to see if I could change my shipping to expedited and they informed me I could not because my order is already packed up and ready to ship. Just sitting in their dock waiting for the carrier.

I asked them about upgrading to expedited shipping a couple days after 10/04 and they confirmed it's not possible because it is pre-order.

They advised I can expect my device between oct 26-28 as stated on my original order and in the order status page, fingers crossed it moves faster than that!

By this, I am assuming they are sticking to their guns and not guaranteeing any early shipping.

bubbad3

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Walked in to my local Verizon store yesterday 10/18 to pre-order a black XL 32gb. Last night my order said processing but nothing charged to my account yet. This morning the shipping/tracking email showed up with overnight shipping due tomorrow before 8pm. Took 16 hours from the time I placed the order to being shipped Fedex. When completing the order yesterday, they were thinking it ships 2 day delivery but wouldn't go out until the 20th which meant in hand on Monday. Crazy!

f4systems

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Could you please confirm this?

On the back of the phone where the bottom of the glass meets the aluminum body, can you feel the seam/joint when you run a finger on it? Or is it pretty seamless like the apple logo on the back of an iPhone?

It is lined up pretty well, i don't think you would feel it, but you can definitely tell the difference in the material of the glass from the metal, so it definitely feels different.

wesco93

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
For those of you who ordered from the Google store and have November ship dates, my order changed from preordered to processing. Hopefully thats a sign of good news and our phones will ship sooner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03