03-14-2017 11:35 AM
2,521 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Didn't order in time so now the only option is to join the wait list. Has anyone been notified that the phones are available again?
    I was late and am on the wait list as well for a black 128GB, so I would also be interested in knowing this. A few posts up, Randy Spear 10-08-2016, 06:58 AM wrote that he was on the wait list for a black 128GB, didn't hear anything, but was suddenly able to order one. Sounds like a fluke to me. I don't want to continually check the Play Store just on the off chance it'll be available.
    10-10-2016 11:00 AM
    I think it's only a problem if you ordered it through Fi on their payment plan. IIRC, using the Fi payment plan you have to activate Fi service within 30 days of receiving your order or you'll be required to pay off the remaining balance (this also applies if you sign up and then cancel at any time before you're done paying off your phone). That said, I don't know if it would present any problem to activate and use Fi on your 6P exclusively. If you're paying outright and not doing Fi's payment plan, I don't think it matters (the phone is not locked to Fi). You might want to clarify with a Fi rep.
    Thanks, what you wrote made sense. I think that I'm good. I bought it outright from the normal google store, it doesn't seem that I got any type of preferential treatment since my delivery date is Oct 26-28 (ordered within an hour of going live). Thanks again.
    logicalform likes this.
    10-10-2016 12:55 PM
    I pre-ordered the 128GB Pixel XL in Silver with the $99 device protection. Anyone who pre-ordered the same phone in Black interested in trading? This might be a longshot, but thought I would check.
    10-10-2016 02:34 PM
    I just ordered mine through Verizon. Black 128GB says should be here by 10/20 and got expedited shipping so by 1030am. Hopefully it does! Will give my S7 Edge to the wife.
    10-10-2016 04:38 PM
    I am going from a s7 edge to a pixel xl am I making the right choice?
    10-10-2016 05:23 PM
    Have you contacted Google? They have a pretty awesome and speedy support hotline.
    10-10-2016 08:22 PM
    I don't know anyone who upgrades their phone every six months, but if a larger screen and undelayed OS updates are very important to you, then yes. If not, you already have an awesome phone.
    10-11-2016 06:26 AM
    Depends. I went from a Galaxy S6 Edge to a Moto X Pure then to a Nexus 6p, and I'm glad I made those changes. What I liked about the S6 was the camera and the screen quality, but nothing more. I found the Edge screen to be a little difficult to hold and uncomfortable and hard to protect from damage. I also despised the Samsung tweaks. At first, I liked them, but then as Google updated and improved most of their apps, then I started using the Google apps more. What you end up with is two apps for everything, one you use, one that is just taking up space on the phone. I also found that although the Samsung apps were quite polished, they were sometimes cumbersome to use. I still think the S6 camera was quite nice, much better than the Moto X, and still a little better than the 6p. I personally like the "raw android" experience better and I am hoping that the Pixel will have the necessary improvements that make it better in the areas that the 6p fell short. I think that if you are a true adopter of Google apps, then you are going to be happy with the experience. I really didn't like how Samsung was always trying to have their own app store, their own account for you to log into, and all the other things that they did to try to keep you locked into their world. They wanted to be like Apple I guess. No company does Apple better than Apple! I have had Apple phones, my wife has one, and they are truly great hardware, but I prefer the Google business model of openness better.
    10-11-2016 10:04 AM
    Pre-ordered the phone today and I am stoked!!
    10-11-2016 12:28 PM
    Pre-ordered the phone today and I am stoked!!
    32GB?
    10-11-2016 01:07 PM
    So I ditched the n7, actually tried to but found out they want it mailed. So while I was there I put my wife's old iPhone 5s (yuck, yuck, yuck. The first iPhone I have ever used more then to help someone figure something out). I found out like everyone else I have a clean slate. I placed an order for the 128g xl black. Then I see best buy has chrome cast and 100 bbgc, for pre-order. Does that included the daydream vr?
    10-11-2016 05:08 PM
    Is it normal that Google didn't charge my card yet? I did Google financing and just got my card and account info and it says that there are no charges on it but I got the confirmation and the email informing me of the free day dream?
    10-11-2016 08:48 PM
    Is it normal that Google didn't charge my card yet? I did Google financing and just got my card and account info and it says that there are no charges on it but I got the confirmation and the email informing me of the free day dream?
    I ordered through Fi so YMMV but it states on my email that nothing will be charged until it ships.
    10-11-2016 09:09 PM
    They don't charge until the device ships
    10-11-2016 11:30 PM
    Any news on when it will be available in Switzerland or Italy?
    10-12-2016 12:37 PM
    Apparently some people are already getting their Pixels. Anyone have any clue as to where they're from (ie, Play Store, Verizon, Best Buy, etc)? My Verizon order just says that the 20th is the ship date, so not sure if it's possible I'll get it early or not.
    10-12-2016 01:09 PM
    Apparently some people are already getting their Pixels. Anyone have any clue as to where they're from (ie, Play Store, Verizon, Best Buy, etc)? My Verizon order just says that the 20th is the ship date, so not sure if it's possible I'll get it early or not.
    How is this possible? I thought they didn't ship until the 20th.

Also, when is the review embargo gonna lift? Are we going to get an early "wink wink, nudge nudge" from Dobie telling us we'll be really happy with the Pixel?
    stanleybb50 likes this.
    10-12-2016 01:58 PM
    How is this possible? I thought they didn't ship until the 20th.

Also, when is the review embargo gonna lift? Are we going to get an early "wink wink, nudge nudge" from Dobie telling us we'll be really happy with the Pixel?
    Yeah why no reviews??? I keep checking YouTube daily for any reviews to be added.
    10-12-2016 02:47 PM
    At a guess I'd say that at this point anyone who has their hands on a Pixel didn't get it via any of the normal purchase routes. Likely they have it for work related reasons. My understanding is that the retail phones won't be shipping until the 20th.
    10-12-2016 03:13 PM
    Has Verizon ever had the Very Blue 128gb in stock? That's the one I want and it's the only one not available.
    10-12-2016 03:44 PM
    Has Verizon ever had the Very Blue 128gb in stock? That's the one I want and it's the only one not available.
    Blue models only come in 32gb variant.
    10-12-2016 03:57 PM
    Blue models only come in 32gb variant.
    Thanks now I don't have to hunt for that one anymore lol
    10-12-2016 06:55 PM
    Just ordered the 128gb black version from verizon. RIP my note 7 you beautiful beast.
    stanleybb50 and jamezr like this.
    10-12-2016 08:34 PM
    Waiting impatiently for the XL w/ 128gb in silver to pop back up so I can preorder it. I'm constantly checking the Google store. I really hope I will love it as much as I loved my Note 7. Currently using an S7 Active, which will become my husband's when I get the Pixel.
    10-13-2016 07:40 AM
    Waiting impatiently for the XL w/ 128gb in silver to pop back up so I can preorder it. I'm constantly checking the Google store. I really hope I will love it as much as I loved my Note 7. Currently using an S7 Active, which will become my husband's when I get the Pixel.
    Me too, I preordered hoping that this will let me walk away from the Note in peace. The PixelXL is the only phone that has a chance of quenching a note7 users thirst imo. This AI better be good!

I ordered through Fi Store, supposed to ship on the 21st.
    stanleybb50 and mellyf like this.
    10-13-2016 08:05 AM
2,521 ... 34567 ...