Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty pissed off with Verizon ever since I switched from Sprint to get the Note 7. I am going to write a nice letter to Verizon Executive services today and let them know, since day one, this has been the WORST experience I have ever had with any wireless carrier ever.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well damn. Do not use twitter much.
Hopefully they have demo units since I want to compare the Pixel (what I ordered) to the Pixel XL

They will have all 32 gig models.

I cancelled my 128 gig order last night and ordered 32 gig model so I could still get the Daydream VR. If you cancel today and change your order you are SOL on the free Daydream.

sag7392

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine through the google store on 10/4. It still shows preordered with a date of 11/23 - 11/25. I ordered the 128 GB xl silver. Not very happy about this as I'm now seeing folks on here who ordered the same phone I did from Google with shipping dates for this week and next. I assumed Google knew how to take orders and ship products.

Even though I spoke with a phone rep yesterday, who stated my order was processing, I am still very nervous. Partly due to an online chat rep saying my order was canceled BEFORE I spoke with the phone rep. I even questioned why the order details still show "preorder," if it's in fact processing; I didn't get a straight answer on that either. All I was told was that I could rest assured that everything is okay. However, I did send GS an email asking to double check my order again. If I don't see any changes by tomorrow or get a reply from my email, I will be calling GS tomorrow. I hope this won't be the same situation of a manager telling me my ordered was canceled. Then, I will be pissed!

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 7.33.42 AM.png

This process is a failure on the part of how Google handles orders. This almost reminds me of the Nexus 5 ordering fiasco. By now, you'd think Google would have learned how to do this better. Either way, I'm not happy right now. But, I try to remind myself this is a first world problem. After all, I do have a Note5 that is in excellent condition.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, my order on Google has been stuck on "processing" for the last two days. My account has been charged, but technically, the funds have been sitting in "Pending" for the last two days, as well. I'm starting to wonder, for those of us also stuck in "processing" status, if everyone's bank/ card provider processes the charges at their own rate, and Google doesn't actually ship until the charge has been totally cleared. If that's the case, I wish my bank would hurry the F up already, lol.

Kaenon11

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, my order on Google has been stuck on "processing" for the last two days. My account has been charged, but technically, the funds have been sitting in "Pending" for the last two days, as well. I'm starting to wonder, for those of us also stuck in "processing" status, if everyone's bank/ card provider processes the charges at their own rate, and Google doesn't actually ship until the charge has been totally cleared. If that's the case, I wish my bank would hurry the F up already, lol.

I am in the same boat as you.
Processing and payment pending since 10/18.

I believe its on Google's end.
Once it is actually shipped, then Google can recognize the revenue and the charge will move from pending into your normal credit card activity.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site

That wouldnt be it. No different than going into Best Buy and buying. Once approved, they are guaranteed money. If pending it is one of 2 things, 1) actual charge going thru 2) preauthorizing to make sure card is good (this drops off after about 5 days). Mine is same as yours but I have 11/23 date. I am worried just a pre-authorization and not actual charge. If charge goes thru then I believe they are shipping early. If drops off then wait time. Typically it goes from pending to actual in 2 buisness days

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
They always underestimate it. Apple does the same thing, and the same sort of thing happened with the 6P last year. I went ahead and stuck with the 32GB model for now because I don't want to wait until November like last year. It's always nice to have extra storage but I'm going to see if I can make it this time. I checked my OnePlus 3 and I'm using almost 10GB of storage.

Yeah.. I had the 64 GB 6 and 6p and I show to have nearly 11GB available on the 6p so 32 should be perfectly fine. I never record in 4k because it really doesn't make much of a difference compared to 1080p in the settings I usually make video's in. Plus typically when I make a video I upload to YouTube and delete it from my phone in the same day or two (not to mention auto back up to the cloud when I hit my WiFi network)

pksimmang

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Moving from a 5 year-old iPhone 4s that is WAY overdue for replacement. Ordered a Black XL 128 on 10/4 within a couple hours of the presentation, from the Google Store. Bank shows pending charge from Tuesday, status changed to Processing either yesterday or late Tuesday. The store has always shown delivery date of 10/26-10/28; I was just hoping they'd get it to me early!

Waiting patiently... sorta!

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you.
Processing and payment pending since 10/18.

I believe its on Google's end.
Once it is actually shipped, then Google can recognize the revenue and the charge will move from pending into your normal credit card activity.

Same boat as both of you.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
That wouldnt be it. No different than going into Best Buy and buying. Once approved, they are guaranteed money. If pending it is one of 2 things, 1) actual charge going thru 2) preauthorizing to make sure card is good (this drops off after about 5 days). Mine is same as yours but I have 11/23 date. I am worried just a pre-authorization and not actual charge. If charge goes thru then I believe they are shipping early. If drops off then wait time. Typically it goes from pending to actual in 2 buisness days

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Well, mine has always had an estimate of arrival from 10/26-10/28, and I already had a "preauthorization" charge back when I originally placed the order that had dropped off after a few days, so this should be it, for mine. I was just hoping it would ship sooner rather than later, so that I might have a chance at receiving it early next week, rather than at the end of it, heh.

crasgar

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 5th, and got the 11/23-11/25 shipment date. Was hoping they were just being overly cautious... Gues I was wrong. :'(

mazda3racer

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
So does this mean that for those of us that preordered and now are on back order will miss out on the DayDream headset? That is one of the main reasons I did the Preorder. If that is the case I am going to cancel this and wait for the LG v20 like I was originally going to get.

Rocky5000100

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
So does this mean that for those of us that preordered and now are on back order will miss out on the DayDream headset? That is one of the main reasons I did the Preorder. If that is the case I am going to cancel this and wait for the LG v20 like I was originally going to get.
No. If you preordered, you WILL get a code within 4 weeks of it shipping for a free VR.

You got this email, right?

vr.PNG

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Well, mine has always had an estimate of arrival from 10/26-10/28, and I already had a "preauthorization" charge back when I originally placed the order that had dropped off after a few days, so this should be it, for mine. I was just hoping it would ship sooner rather than later, so that I might have a chance at receiving it early next week, rather than at the end of it, heh.

Yea I had the preauth when I ordered on 10/09, that dropped off. I am hoping they arent just rechecking just because of status change and then wait for 1 month.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
What does "On Hold" mean? This is for my Verizon order. Verizon "assures" me that my order will ship to day but I do not trust a word they say.

Jeffm201

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered and XL 32 on 10/7 through the Google store but it is still in pending status. The delivery date hasn't changed though, still showing 10/21-10/24. Anyone else who ordered on 10/7 seeing the same? I chose expedited shipping as well.

mazda3racer

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I just confirmed with Verizon sales that if your pre order has an expected ship date that they will ship on that date and will not be back ordered until Nov18.