Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

Tyresian

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I saw on another post that the Pixel cannot connect properly to your car blue tooth if you are connected to a blue tooth watch. In general folks have been having issues getting car connectivity working. Except for Ford Sync. One guy chimed in his Ford connectivity was working great. Of course I don't know if he had a wear watch or not.

That better not be the case or it is getting returned. I had this issue with the 6P so I'm still on a 5X.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
So I received my shipping notification on Wednesday but haven't seen any movement since and still shows sitting in Bloomington, CA. This is via FedEx. Anyone else experiencing this? The expected delivery is Tuesday 10/25 but damn it takes that long for ground shipping from FedEx? At least my V20 gets in today so I'll have something to play with until the Pixel XL arrives. I got the Black 128GB version.

doworkson48

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I ordered my Pixel XL (128GB Very Silver) on 10/14 from the Google Store.

Still showing "PREORDERED" as the status, with an estimated delivery of Nov 23-25

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I am still on the damn waitlist. Has anyone who was on the waitlist gotten any notification from google that they can order a phone? Also any idea if I will still be eligible for the daydream?

I signed up on the waitlist on the Google Store for a blue XL as soon as it went live on the 4th (it was immediately sold out) and I got a notification on the 7th that it's available again, though immediately it was sold out again, so whatever.

menski

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Just to update on my order, I ordered from GS on 10/4 within the first hour of the pre-order being up. Silver Pixel XL 32GB. Got shipping notification on 10/20 at 10:30am EST. This morning 10/21 tracking has updated in fedex to show it's sitting in Bloomington, CA. I chose free shipping so the estimated delivery date is 10/26 which is on track with the estimate google gave of 10/26-10/28. Really regretting not doing expedited shipping, now I wait and refresh the fedex tracking very often hoping for an earlier delivery date :).

Just wondering if FedEx will need a signature for this, anyone know? i've see some posts here say they usually don't require but then other people saying they missed the delivery and had to pick it up at the fedEx facility.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the silver 128 gb XL on Oct 14 from Google Store. Order is in Preorder status with an estimated ship date of Nov 23 to 25 (standard, free shipping). I had put myself on the waitlist for both the black and silver 128 gb days before that, but I never once received a notification email that stock was available for preorder. I just kept checking frequently and by chance, was able to order. I still haven't received any notification email for stock for the black one.

tpero

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if it's same for everyone, might depend on your address type (SFH/Apartment/etc), but my FedEx tracking page says "weekday delivery, no signature required" under the special handling section. I did expedited overnight delivery.

Sayeef Khan

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
From my personal experience, I came to the conclusion that Google isn't following as to when your order was placed but rather it varies by location. In order to reach every consumer around the country, google has placed various warehouses throughout. From reading the comments, I see that consumers are getting orders shipped from Illinois, to places in west coast. So it really boils down to where your order was sent and if they are working efficiently enough in order to get the phones out. Here is my experience in detail just to inform you guys who are still awaiting the shipment of your phone.

Order Placed 10/14 on Google store
Payment: Finance
Estimated Delivery time: October 24th to October 25th.
Order switched from Pending to Processing on the 19th
Order switched from Processing to shipped on 21st at 10:11am.
Fedex estimated delivery time 10/24 by 8:00pm (I chose expedited shipping).

I just wish they shipped it out yesterday so I could've had it by today. Now I have to wait for the weekend to be over and wait until Monday :(

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Woohoo, XL 32GB Silver just shipped!!! I had a estimated delivery of 11/23-11/25!!! Ordered GS 10/09. Searched Fedex by reference # said label created and est Tuesday delivery :)

pixel.PNG

Last edited:

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
After digging thru threads, this is what I found from google store orders:

Latest order date of Pixel XL that has shipped:

32GB Silver - 10/5
32GB Black - 10/8
128GB Silver - 10/4
128GB Black - 10/5

If you have a later order from GS and has shipped, let me know and Ill update....for now :)

I had originally ordered from Play on 10/13 with late November eta. Cancelled it after I was able to order through Fi on 10/18 with late October eta. Just got shipping notification via FedEx tracking number but not yet visible in their tracking system.

Pixel XL 32 GB Black

captmiddy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am very impatiently waiting for my order to go to shipped. It has been in 'Processing' state since Tuesday evening. A Pixel 128G Black. I contacted Google just to make sure nothing had gone crazy that was holding it in processing and the online rep said it was all good and just preparing to ship. Disappointed in seeing people who ordered after me (I ordered about an hour after the page went live) getting theirs shipped first but really don't so much care about that, just want mine shipped :D. SEND ME MY PHONE ;) I will be able to look at the case I bought for it tonight though as that just arrived at home according to UPS. It will be a rather empty thing though without a phone to put in it, maybe my old Moto X will be able to hang out in that case just to make me feel good.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I saw on another post that the Pixel cannot connect properly to your car blue tooth if you are connected to a blue tooth watch. In general folks have been having issues getting car connectivity working. Except for Ford Sync. One guy chimed in his Ford connectivity was working great. Of course I don't know if he had a wear watch or not.

This is a limitation of Bluetooth. If your watch has a speaker and mic and is enabled in settings to be a headset it will not connect to car Bluetooth because only one headset device is allowed to be paired at a time. This is how it has been for every phone I have used while having my urbane LTE.. That is about 8 phones. Automagic automation(app) fixes this issue by disconnecting and reconnecting when it sees the car. And opposite when car connection disappears.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
This is a limitation of Bluetooth. If your watch has a speaker and mic and is enabled in settings to be a headset it will not connect to car Bluetooth because only one headset device is allowed to be paired at a time. This is how it has been for every phone I have used while having my urbane LTE.. That is about 8 phones. Automagic automation(app) fixes this issue by disconnecting and reconnecting when it sees the car. And opposite when car connection disappears.

I turned off my watches ability to take call and do not have this issue anymore.

Jeffm201

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Still in Pending status. Delivery date still states 10/21-10/24. Not sure how they can meet that with the weekend coming up. My XL clear case has shipped though.

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Still in Pending status. Delivery date still states 10/21-10/24. Not sure how they can meet that with the weekend coming up. My XL clear case has shipped though.

Same boat. I called Google this morning and the rep said mine is processing and not pending. Said that order updates are very delayed and cannot be trusted. I asked for tracking information and he said it was unavailable. So it has not shipped but the rep promised over and over that it would arrive by the 24th and Google is doing everything they can to get these phones out.

I asked what if it doesn't arrive by the 24th? He says it will. So I don't know what to think.

Jeffm201

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Same boat. I called Google this morning and the rep said mine is processing and not pending. Said that order updates are very delayed and cannot be trusted. I asked for tracking information and he said it was unavailable. So it has not shipped but the rep promised over and over that it would arrive by the 24th and Google is doing everything they can to get these phones out.

I asked what if it doesn't arrive by the 24th? He says it will. So I don't know what to think.

I've spoken with Google support several times as well and they are saying the same thing. Everything apparently looks good and it will be here within the dates specified. I even called my credit card company to make sure that there is nothing wrong on their end, since larger purchases sometimes get flagged, but its all good with them too. The Google store site says they are all sold out so I tried to go through Fi just out of curiosity. I checked the XL 32 and added it to a plan and got to the confirm page. It says it will ship from the warehouse by 10/24. So something is going on here and I am pretty confident mine will not be here by Monday. I pre-ordered on 10/7 for an unlocked XL 32.