Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

sag7392

May 17, 2010
Visit site
#1000!
This is just frustrating. I ordered my silver 128G XL on Oct. 4 from Google with a ship date of Nov. 23-25. Yesterday I bought my wife a silver 128G Pixel from Project Fi and it has the same ship date. So much for preordering...

+1K

It is really sad to see that those of us who ordered on Launch Day via the Google Store, have the Pixel XL 128GB stuck in a "Preordered" status. What makes it even worse, is to see people who ordered days later and have a Pixel XL 128GB in their hands! WTF! Not only that, but we were given an estimated ship date of 11/23-25...double WTF! Then, there are the commercials!

As a result, I am starting to lose interest in the Pixel now. Google needs to pony up for something here. Instead of having to wait for Daydream VR, those of us who were screwed should get it immediately or some kind of credit. How in the hell is it possible that I will get my case (the $40 Google one...yeah, I know, lol) and Google Home before I get my Pixel?! Again, WTF!
/RantOver

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I've spoken to multiple Google reps via e-mail and have been told there is no way my phone will ship before the listed date of November 23 to November 25. I check multiple times everyday...it's habitual.

Ha ha, I've heard that multiple times too, and it's in keeping with previous Nexus experience. But my mind still believes that somehow it will be shipped before if not on 11/23. So I check everyday as well...

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I wish there were separate threads for Google Store and Verizon orders. Those of us with XL 128GB orders from the Google Store all seem to be in the 11/23-11/25 basket, and the Verizon posts are a lot of clutter.

Agreed! Google Store thread and a Verizon thread. Easier to navigate.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Agreed! Google Store thread and a Verizon thread. Easier to navigate.

Agreed 100%... someone had started a Verizon Pre-order thread a while back but the mods locked it shortly after it was created... very frustrating to weed through and try to figure out if people are talking about verizon or google store order, half the time they don't say.

RookM1

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Preorder /order/shipping thread

Would be nice if Google came out and said, "Hey everyone that pre-ordered, you'll get your device after all our other orders from Best Buy, Verizon, and other global retailers are filled. We know that might kind of lame, but hopefully the free Day Dream headset makes up for it."......I'm just assuming that's what's happening.

...I'd be ok with that, but seeing all these people with the phone I pre-ordered within hours of the pre-order going live, and just wondering "how'd they get one before me!?" is a little frustrating.

Last edited:

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
My card was charged today for my verizon order... hopefully it's shipping soon!!

I preordered a Black 128GB XL and a Silver 128GB XL on 10/12... then got a notice from Verizon saying my ship date was pushed out to 11/18, but that's still over 2 weeks away. They wouldn't be charging my card unless they're getting ready to ship.

Jo5ton1018

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I wish there were separate threads for Google Store and Verizon orders. Those of us with XL 128GB orders from the Google Store all seem to be in the 11/23-11/25 basket, and the Verizon posts are a lot of clutter.
I was thinking of of saying what u just said. It's very frustrating seeing Verizon preorders going through and not Google store preorders. Verizon preorders should make their own thread.

sbonczyk30

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Ordered through verizin 10/14. Still have the stupid note 7. Was supposed to shop 10/28. Got pushed back to 12/2. Got an email today and it said it shipped today. Finally. Black 128gb xl

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I know it may suck but maybe vzw is pressing HTC and Google to take care of their orders first? Vzw did pay big bucks to be the exclusive carrier. So it would only seem fitting.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I know it may suck but maybe vzw is pressing HTC and Google to take care of their orders first? Vzw did pay big bucks to be the exclusive carrier. So it would only seem fitting.
Same thing happened with the Note 7 launch. The carriers get first dibs at stock through their agreements with the manufacturer.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
+1K

It is really sad to see that those of us who ordered on Launch Day via the Google Store, have the Pixel XL 128GB stuck in a "Preordered" status. What makes it even worse, is to see people who ordered days later and have a Pixel XL 128GB in their hands! WTF! Not only that, but we were given an estimated ship date of 11/23-25...double WTF! Then, there are the commercials!

As a result, I am starting to lose interest in the Pixel now. Google needs to pony up for something here. Instead of having to wait for Daydream VR, those of us who were screwed should get it immediately or some kind of credit. How in the hell is it possible that I will get my case (the $40 Google one...yeah, I know, lol) and Google Home before I get my Pixel?! Again, WTF!
/RantOver

You should be getting $50 in play store credit.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm not praising Apple here, but it had no problem selling iPhones directly when AT&T had an exclusive deal. Admittedly, it had/has a network of Apple stores, but still.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
False alarm the screen protectors I ordered are coming from one warehouse and the car charger from another so that was the reason for the 2 tracking numbers. That was disappointing but the story of my life..... :( :( :( :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon