Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Well, it's 4 p.m. and I just spoke to a Verizon Rep on the phone. Pixel XL supposed to ship 11/18, ordered on 10/20. Mine still says order processing, check back later...the Rep checked and said it's been sent, the step past processing, and I should get a tracking number by tomorrow. We'll see.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine from vzw showing shipped as well.... Now which one to keep project fi order or vzw order. Fi is silver and vzw one is black
Personally I like the black better but even if you don't plan on doing anything that needs the bootloader unlocked. The idea that the Verizon one is more restrictive on any level would make me prioritize that over color. Short answer is Fi.

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Personally I like the black better but even if you don't plan on doing anything that needs the bootloader unlocked. The idea that the Verizon one is more restrictive on any level would make me prioritize that over color. Short answer is Fi.
This exactly why I am waiting for a Google invite....

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I've never rooted a phone
I've always used them as they come but if I may ask a dumb question what does rooting actually do and what can I do with it?
It really boils down to three things for me

Do I want black or do I want silver?

Do I want a phone payment on my Verizon bill each month and pay it off over time or just do it in one Fell Swoop with fi? And if I upgrade in a year like I usually do do I want to have to pay a lump sum on the phone to upgrade?

I pre-ordered on the 17th so if I kept the Verizon phone I would be eligible for the free daydream rebate. Where is with project Fi I would have to pay out-of-pocket for my daydream

slowtbss

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Mine shows the same thing. Are you guys taking this as the device has actually shipped or is really close? The little green line is a little misleading to me, but I've been wrong before.
I called again at 530 and was told that it arrived at the warehouse and I should have tracking info tomorrow and it should be here Tuesday........ But I'm not holding my breath

aoshia

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I called again at 530 and was told that it arrived at the warehouse and I should have tracking info tomorrow and it should be here Tuesday........ But I'm not holding my breath
Good to know, thanks. I went ahead and ordered a case if by chance things do start moving. My Pixel is a black 128gb XL.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I've never rooted a phone
I've always used them as they come but if I may ask a dumb question what does rooting actually do and what can I do with it?
It really boils down to three things for me

Do I want black or do I want silver?

Do I want a phone payment on my Verizon bill each month and pay it off over time or just do it in one Fell Swoop with fi? And if I upgrade in a year like I usually do do I want to have to pay a lump sum on the phone to upgrade?

I pre-ordered on the 17th so if I kept the Verizon phone I would be eligible for the free daydream rebate. Where is with project Fi I would have to pay out-of-pocket for my daydream

Well it's not rooting. You can root both versions. The bootlocker on the Verizon means you can't load an OS not signed by Verizon. Not as much of an issue since it's already running the quickest smoothest OS.

I can't help you with the pay. Personally if possible I'd rather have it off the books the sooner the better.

Honestly the VR part negates most of what I have said. Now you are getting a true financial benefit out of getting the Verizon version. Better color on top of that. I think that would negate the loss of a feature you may not and probably not even use.

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
So it's almost 9 p.m. on 11/18 and still no shipping notification from Verizon. I have been told by a Verizon Rep on the phone and about 4 of them in chat on Verizonwireless.com that my P XL is shipping today. This is unbelievable.

jesaf00

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
So it's almost 9 p.m. on 11/18 and still no shipping notification from Verizon. I have been told by a Verizon Rep on the phone and about 4 of them in chat on Verizonwireless.com that my P XL is shipping today. This is unbelievable.

I call Bs on my chat. I can't imagine this will work out. I will be reporting that person.