Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

aoshia

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
So it's almost 9 p.m. on 11/18 and still no shipping notification from Verizon. I have been told by a Verizon Rep on the phone and about 4 of them in chat on Verizonwireless.com that my P XL is shipping today. This is unbelievable.
What does the website say about your status? Does it look similar to the images above?

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Order is processing, shipping date 11/18...I'm pretty forlorn, especially after being told by 5 Reps that it is definitely shipping today...

chillywig

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
OH MY!!!!!
After waiting a month to replace my NOTE 7 and being reassured my order would ship. My pixel xl 128 black from Verizon is now showing an expected ship date of 12-26.

Hang tight little buddy. We (VERIZON) have been lying to you for several weeks but a short 5 weeks from now we will send you a new phone.

F&(% VERIZON

LYING A$$HOLES

Just tell me the truth. I can handle it!!!!@

Can you handle this?

I am done with you and your lies. Time to try a new provider - and maybe an in stock V20

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
The my Verizon app on my phone looks like this....

ca0395f3f824777af212f0b23720c47c.jpg

If you go to my Verizon via Web browser this shows:
65a3c957a0f9bf8271905d0e9665ccc9.jpg

Did anyone actually get shipping notification with tracking I didn't......

So the question is which one is correct...

Also haven't seen any pending charge from vzw on my cc either......

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, they lied to me also. Ordered XL from Verizon on 10/20, I was assured by 6 reps that it would be shipped on 11/18. It's 11/19, shipping status was just changed to 12/26!! Wow.

ezeuzo1

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
The my Verizon app on my phone looks like this....

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161119/ca0395f3f824777af212f0b23720c47c.jpg

If you go to my Verizon via Web browser this shows:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161119/65a3c957a0f9bf8271905d0e9665ccc9.jpg

Did anyone actually get shipping notification with tracking I didn't......

So the question is which one is correct...

Also haven't seen any pending charge from vzw on my cc either......

Maybe I'm missing something but, from what I can see from the images you posted, NEITHER image shows that your phone has actually shipped.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something but, from what I can see from the images you posted, NEITHER image shows that your phone has actually shipped.
Well the first one makes you think it's shipped then the second one basically says fwe are lying to you. The way the first one reads it would make you think that they have the phone they put it in a box for shipment it just hasn't had a label printed yet but who knows I'm going to call the core team this morning and get to the bottom of it

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I had posted here a couple of days ago that I was concerned my black 128 xl ordered from Verizon October 20th would be delayed. Since the day I ordered it said the ship date was 11/18. A few days ago that date disappeared from Verizon website and it now just shows a blank for status. If I call Verizon, the automated system still says it will ship tomorrow, 11/18. I stayed on the line and the live rep confirmed it will ship tomorrow, although I see my card doesn't even have a temp auth yet. I guess I will find out tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if the delay mentioned in the quoted post is true. I think they know there is a connectivity problem as there are many threads just on this forum about it and could be delaying shipment until that is solved.

OK, as I mentioned above, I was one of those that ordered on 10/20 and had a ship date of yesterday. To my surprise, late last night status changed to "shipped" on 11/17, which was even a day earlier. Thought it was odd that my credit card was never charged and I never received an email about the shipping. Now this morning it switched back to processing with a ship date of 12/26. Complete BS. I'm cancelling. The S8 will be out before I get this thing. I believe that Verizon is stopping shipments because of the connectivity issues people are having. Maybe they will ship after there is a software fix, or they're waiting on a new batch to be manufactured.

Last edited:

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Well the first one makes you think it's shipped then the second one basically says fwe are lying to you. The way the first one reads it would make you think that they have the phone they put it in a box for shipment it just hasn't had a label printed yet but who knows I'm going to call the core team this morning and get to the bottom of it
What a hassle with POS Verizon,, I just can't believe such a big company doesn't even have a process order status information for $1000 products!!

Tu Johnson

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
OH MY!!!!!
After waiting a month to replace my NOTE 7 and being reassured my order would ship. My pixel xl 128 black from Verizon is now showing an expected ship date of 12-26.

Hang tight little buddy. We (VERIZON) have been lying to you for several weeks but a short 5 weeks from now we will send you a new phone.

F&(% VERIZON

LYING A$$HOLES

Just tell me the truth. I can handle it!!!!@

Can you handle this?

I am done with you and your lies. Time to try a new provider - and maybe an in stock V20

The phone and online support is just like with Huawei last year. No one really knows the real ship date. They don't know more than we do since they are likely looking at a computer monitor that has the same data we look at. With huawei the support was outsourced so they really knew nothing. Then shipping with them depended on what phones were shipped to the region. If they happen to ship the Nexus 6P 64gb silver to South distribution center and their region had orders, then those shipped even if an order from the east was placed weeks before. Thus causing the rule "first in first out" to go out the window.

Basically logistics of distribution on a grand scale is an issue that Google is not good at. That's the root cause for the disparity in first in first out. As far as why there is a shortage in the first place, Google doesn't have a handle on supply chain and Manufacturing with HTC for this years demand. Not even last years demand was handled well with the Nexus. Again Hardware distribution is something Google Needs to focus on. Making a good product with lots of marketing isn't enough. You have to deliver it or some users will go elsewhere.

Despite supply chain issues, carrier issues, carrier support's lack of meaningful data, I'd rather wait for the phone than settle with another device.

Having said that, I hate waiting. VERIZON! Ship my damn phone!

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with the core team and now they're telling me the expected ship date is not until December 26th. I told them well thanks for the updated email. Also I told them I can't believe a multimillion-dollar corporation like Verizon Wireless doesn't have their act together when it comes to order statuses there's no way that the desktop site I can show you one thing the mobile site another and the mobile app something completely different. I also told the Dum Dums I don't understand how you want people to pay $1,000 for a phone and can't even get accurate shipping dates and expect people to wait months on end with the lack of communication that Verizon Wireless is extending right now. Also told them that they might want to pass that info on to their Geniuses is in the marketing department don't run a buy one get one 50% off special on something that you have on backorder till right after Christmas because most likely people that order now or not going to get their phones till January of next year and we'll just be just as frustrated as people like us who pre-order.

Hopefully I helped stir the pot a little at Verizon for others like people in here who are frustrated

Well it looks like I'm keeping my fi order....

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
OK, as I mentioned above, I was one of those that ordered on 10/20 and had a ship date of yesterday. To my surprise, late last night status changed to "shipped" on 11/17, which was even a day earlier. Thought it was odd that my credit card was never charged and I never received an email about the shipping. Now this morning it switched back to processing with a ship date of 12/26. Complete BS. I'm cancelling. The S8 will be out before I get this thing. I believe that Verizon is stopping shipments because of the connectivity issues people are having. Maybe they will ship after there is a software fix, or they're waiting on a new batch to be manufactured.

Well, just got off the phone with Verizon and they tell me both the mobile site showing November 18th and the web site showing December 26th is also wrong and the real shipping date is actually next Friday, November 25th. We'll see.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, just got off the phone with Verizon and they tell me both the mobile site showing November 18th and the web site showing December 26th is also wrong and the real shipping date is actually next Friday, November 25th. We'll see.
Verizon is so messed up they should change their hold music to the Benny Hill theme

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21