Google Pixel - Preorder / order / shipping thread

k.scott

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I ordered mine today from Verizon with an expected ship date of 11/2
Congrats on your phone... I know I am excited to get mine as well.

Looks like the 32gb are shipping 11/2...128gb only have 3 1/2 more weeks before shipment lol (I will continue to patiently wait I guess)

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on your phone... I know I am excited to get mine as well.

Looks like the 32gb are shipping 11/2...128gb only have 3 1/2 more weeks before shipment lol (I will continue to patiently wait I guess)
I leave on the 4 to go to Washington DC for vacation I'm hoping it arrives before then.

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Whats the hold up with these things. Same deal with apple and that was something to rant about. Not having enough supply for the demand or just being cheap on productions. Hate this pre-order/ship date situation. Oh well.

tcatnat

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Whats the hold up with these things. Same deal with apple and that was something to rant about. Not having enough supply for the demand or just being cheap on productions. Hate this pre-order/ship date situation. Oh well.

I almost think these companies do it on purpose to make it seem like their product is in such high demand and therefor must be good. After all these years how could Apple not better estimate the demand for their iPhone at launch, they only have 8 years of history. It's a psychological tactic. Read the book Predictably Irrational and it will all make sense.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I almost think these companies do it on purpose to make it seem like their product is in such high demand and therefor must be good. After all these years how could Apple not better estimate the demand for their iPhone at launch, they only have 8 years of history. It's a psychological tactic. Read the book Predictably Irrational and it will all make sense.
And it's not a very good business tactic that could really burn in the long run Google an HTC could have better handle this back in September before the phone was even announced officially if they would have just told HTC to ramp up production when the note 7 started having problems catching on fire

polo2883

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Ordered on 10/25 Black 128 GB. Says it will be delivered 11/23-11/24 but I won't hold my breath.

You ordered couple of days after me and mine says 11/23-11/25. But I also did just notice the time frame today dropped to 2-3 weeks instead of 3-4 when I ordered.

RCube123

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Pre-ordered my Pixel (128GB, Quite Black) on Oct 7 around 6:30pm PDT. I have a shipping time frame of Nov 23-25, which is Thanksgiving weekend. Do you think devices will ship / leave the warehouse during the holidays OR is this when they're expected to be delivered?

I also got an email shortly after my pre-order saying that I'm eligible to receive a complimentary Daydream VR headset within a few weeks of shipment. For those of you that already received your Pixels, have you also received your code for the VR headset yet?

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
My Australian experience so far is that I ordered my Pixel XL from Google on 18th October. [EDIT: Oops, was so angry I posted this in the wrong Pixel thread. Never mind] El Goog did their bit and despatched it to me - presumably from the Singapore warehouse - on 20th October. Yay! Sent on the release date. :)

Then I saw the courier. Toll Group. My heart sank...

My Pixel XL duly arrived in Sydney, Australia on Monday 24th, after a 7 hour flight that somehow took 3 days.

Here we are Friday night, 28th October, and I'm still waiting to get it.

Just got off the phone to Toll Group after a 40 minute queue; they tried to deliver it yesterday to my home address. I'm fairly sure I was home at the time they said they attempted delivery but oh well, benefit of the doubt and all that. It was carded in my letterbox so when I got home again I redirected the parcel yesterday afternoon via their website to my work address. Never came today. Toll Group say I should get it Monday 31st October.

But who knows. Would've been fun playing with it over the weekend. I thought I was doing the right thing ordering through the Google Store rather than going to a local retailer. Toll Group let me and Google down :(

Note to El Goog - you might want to take a look at the couriers you contract.

Last edited:

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site

I have to agree with this. The other sad part of this reality is that a lot of people still fall for it.

mynameisnick4

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I preordered my 128gb xl on the 17th with an original ship date of 10/28. I received an email from Verizon today telling me my new ship date is now 12/2...

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I think it depends on where you are ordering from and the size...

Yeah, mine is the XL 128...they had sent me Pixel but exchanging for the XL...but I have to admit, I am getting used to the smaller size...glad to just have the power of this phone. :)