Good luck Google

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Note that Google is offering basically the same price point as Samsung without expandable storage and without the IP 68 rating. I don't see why they couldn't have sold the smaller Pixel at $549.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
The phones look real nice, but I do worry about trying to tussle with Apple at their price point. It's usually not a winning plan.

shahid99

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Well price is kind of lil high when you think about the support that Google are going to provide for the phone . Apple still supporting iPhone 5 which is more then 4 years old , I don't think Google can provide 4 years of support for this device , they never had

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Well price is kind of lil high when you think about the support that Google are going to provide for the phone . Apple still supporting iPhone 5 which is more then 4 years old , I don't think Google can provide 4 years of support for this device , they never had

Thinking (hoping) that Google will be changing this policy. With total control over hardware and software now, it becomes possible. Given the price point, it should be on the table.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
They pretty much just made the iPhone for Android. And I mean that because of its looks, the price point, and the hardware that's inside. You pay more for less.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Last week I just got a Nexus 6p. Before that I had a Samsung S7 Edge, and for the 3 months I had it, I didnt like it at all. Before that I had a Nexus 6. While I am very interested in this phone (the XL of course), there is no way I am spending that amount of money. This is my 3rd Nexus device, and I loved each one I had. I knew these were coming , as did everyone else, and I still got a Nexus 6P given the leaks about the price were what made me shy away. Now if I were to win one, then awesome, I will love it like I would my own kid (if I had one) lol

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would think that google has not gone to the dark side, just thinking about money and rich people, like apple...

The nexus one was $20 cheaper on contract than the iPhone. Nexus s was the same price as the iPhone on contract. The Galaxy nexus was a whopping $100 MORE than the iPhone on contract . the nexus 4 was the same price as the iPhone on contract. Nexus 6 was a whopping $100 MORE than the iPhone on contract. Pixel is the same price as the iPhone on contract. The pricing is in line at least contract wise.

Nexus 5 and 6p I don't think were offered on contract. And off contract pricing varied and yes the 6p was cheaper,but the off contract nexus 6 was the same price as the iPhone off contract.

samjeleric

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I will reserve my full judgement until I have one in my hot little hands - in 2 to 3 weeks time.

I will say however that I was pleasantly suprised by the Nexus 5 (which I still use) in terms of its bang for your buck. The price point of these phones are cleary set to establish itself alongside Samsungs and Apples flagships as a viable alternative to those (as market leaders). But I dont have problem with that as long as it comes with same build quality and support from Google which I have come to expect (nay demand).

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Note that Google is offering basically the same price point as Samsung without expandable storage and without the IP 68 rating. I don't see why they couldn't have sold the smaller Pixel at $549.
Its called early adopters tax. It will be $400 in a couple of months.

GrahamL

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
It's the same price as the IPhone 7!!! Everybody knows the IPhone is overpriced. What were they thinking. I'm glad I bought a 6P 32GB for £450 instead of a Pixel XL for £720.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I think Google is asking to much for the phones, but I still wish I could afford one.
Same here. I want to apply for financing, but I didn't get approved when I applied for the OG Moto X. Soooo it looks like it's either a Note 7 on T-Mobile for me or a OP3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers