Free Google VR makes Pixel price easier to accept

dave92029

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Google is offering free VR with the purchase of Pixel phones. That's a $79 bonus, that makes ordering the pricey Pixel easier to take IMHO

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
A little. The main number thing here is that they're planning to finance most of them, so $27-37 per month depending on options, a lot of people can absorb that.

mrcrusha829

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Curious to see how this goes. Sounds a looks good but still really pricey and I always felt that the Google interations were very vanilla and I liked alot of what manufacturers added to the OS.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Curious to see how this goes. Sounds a looks good but still really pricey and I always felt that the Google interations were very vanilla and I liked alot of what manufacturers added to the OS.

You mean the phone is still pricy? I was thinking that the VR was really affordable. Bundling it on pre-orders almost got Google an impulse sale.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was debating on waiting it out but even though I don't have much need for it the free VR headset definitely helped my decision. Wish they would have thrown in a $50 Google Play credit as well like they did last year too though.

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I agree, it's what got me to preorder in the end. I was seriously considering the 6P before then. Either phone is a decent upgrade to my current, aging Nexus 6 and I opted in for the Daydream-Ready phone instead so that I could be future proofed for a while, as VR is definitely something I'm interested in :)

The icing on the cake is definitely the unlimited, full resolution uploads of photos and video you get with buying the phone.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Yep. If you order your phone from either the Google Store or VZW, you get a code to redeem at the Google Store for Daydream headsets. To use the words above, it almost made this an impulse buy.for me too.

BTW, I help out at VR Heads, and I'm asking fans to also jump over to VRHeads Forum and start talking about Daydream there.
Here's the Daydream specific forums:
Buying a Daydream View
Owner Discussion - Daydream View

Please consider joining us over at VR Heads and ask your questions there. All of this VR crosses over between room-scale, PC, console, and mobile. I'm sure we will learn more with you!
VR Heads unite!

strykerpks

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I was on the fence due to the smaller battery in the Pixel. I ended up going with the XL because of the Daydream inclusion. I figured I'd like to utilize the better screen with it, and in turn the bigger battery.

Though for those who don't necessarily want the Daydream, I had read that if you preorder through Best Buy (and activate on Verizon) you get a $100 gift card and a Chromecast. Seems like a much better deal

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Somehow I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't care for VR. Haven't used it on any phone I've owned.

I just picked up an HTC 10 for use as a daily driver (only cost $550!), however Google legit has me curious with this phone so I'll be buying a Pixel with or without the VR feature lol.

DatsyukianDeke

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I was on the fence due to the smaller battery in the Pixel. I ended up going with the XL because of the Daydream inclusion. I figured I'd like to utilize the better screen with it, and in turn the bigger battery.

Though for those who don't necessarily want the Daydream, I had read that if you preorder through Best Buy (and activate on Verizon) you get a $100 gift card and a Chromecast. Seems like a much better deal
Do you get the VR headset too?

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
You get Google Play Music for 3 months too. "Buy a Pixel and get 3 months of Google Play Music on us"
I got this with my 6p, it was cool while I had it. Added a bunch of songs and downloaded it to my phone. Cancelled after 3 months, thought I would get to keep the tunes. I was wrong! There might be a workaround for that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88