There are those users who want to flaunt their device by keeping it open without any cases or shells, but what if they drop it....? The screen might be gone, so will the back glass part. Even tho it's gorrila glass. There are chances.
    10-04-2016 09:03 PM
    There are those users who want to flaunt their device by keeping it open without any cases or shells, but what if they drop it....? The screen might be gone, so will the back glass part. Even tho it's gorrila glass. There are chances.
    I have dropped my old Nexus 4 in hard concrete couple of times but the back glass(it was not gorilla glass either) never broke. Its all luck..
    being said that gorilla glass has gotten better at this and is stronger these days and i dont think it will break that easily..
    10-04-2016 09:09 PM
    Was the glass back of the Nexus 4 a downside?
    10-04-2016 09:09 PM
    I have dropped my old Nexus 4 in hard concrete couple of times but the back glass(it was not gorilla glass either) never broke. Its all luck..
    being said that gorilla glass has gotten better at this and is stronger these days and i dont think it will break that easily..
    I had a Nexus 4, and some ***** knocked it out of my hand, it fell onto it's back, and CRACK!! went the back of the device. Luckily it was nowhere near the camera module.

At least for those that like to rock-out with their phone-out (of a case), Google has their Protect service so you have two accidental damage claims.
    10-04-2016 09:22 PM