Which in car charger should I get for my Pixel? Does USB-C solve previous car charging issues?

Dizplay

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I am pre-ordering the Pixel.

In the past I have used a 2.4A Aukey USB charger for my Windows Phones with limited success. They seem to drain faster than they charge when using Bluetooth music streaming and navigation. Especially in traffic when the engine is not turning at constant high rpm, causing the alternator to generate less charge.

With my first ever switch to Android and USB-C, I am hoping this problem can be avoided as I travel quite a lot and depend on GPS and Bluetooth pairing to my car for hands-free calls and music.

I am currently looking at a Belkin 27W charger:
Belkin USB-C Car Charger + Cable

Opinions and alternatives welcome... also what are your experiences with USB-C in car? Does it have the same issues as described?

Dizplay

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
OK thanks, that looks promising.

I have also been looking at Tim Benson's reviews concerning the standards of these devices. There are a few Aukey and Anker products that don't meet the specification. In fact, one of the Anker devices won't charge the Nexus 5X or 6P.

That reason combined with the fact that a different Belkin device is listed on Google Play makes me think the Belkin may perform better.

Those are my thoughts for now, still have some more research to do. I'm not happy with my current Aukey device which claimed many things but often stops charging my devices for some reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci