Pixel Commercials

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Saw one too. Commercial said exclusively at Verizon. I feel like that is gonna throw people off. They're not even gonna know that they can order it for other carriers.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what Verizon wants. For people to want the phone and think they have to get it from Verizon and switch to them.
Yeah, that's true. But you would think that Google would want people to know they could get it from them unlocked as well.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Why? They will make more money on carrier activations.
Why would you think that? Verizon isn't paying them full price for the phones. So they would make more money on the ones they sold from the Google store. Plus you'll have other people that aren't gonna switch that they can't use the phone.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
VZ is also covering some of the advertising expense. That's why they have "only at Verizon" in the commercial.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Why would you think that? Verizon isn't paying them full price for the phones. So they would make more money on the ones they sold from the Google store. Plus you'll have other people that aren't gonna switch that they can't use the phone.

There is a fulfillment expense involved in shipping individual units to single customers, that is significantly higher than shipping large orders in bulk to one customer, Verizon. And large orders turn inventory into cash much quicker.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
There is a fulfillment expense involved in shipping individual units to single customers, that is significantly higher than shipping large orders in bulk to one customer, Verizon. And large orders turn inventory into cash much quicker.
Doesn't mean that they'll make more overall from it though. Just that it's easier. They're still just making it seem to the people with the three other carriers that they can't get the device. I mean, I don't think it's a phone worthy o its price or that it'll do well, but I still think Google should have good marketing for it. Just my thoughts though.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Oh, it does mean they could make more overall. It basically costs the same to ship a pallet of product as it does to ship one phone at a time. It obviously depends on the discount they give VZ. Also, don't discount the cash flow generated by bulk (vs individual) orders. If anything, Google is very good at managing and realizing cash. That contributes as much to the overall value of the company as does paper profit.

NexusShark

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't mean that they'll make more overall from it though. Just that it's easier. They're still just making it seem to the people with the three other carriers that they can't get the device. I mean, I don't think it's a phone worthy o its price or that it'll do well, but I still think Google should have good marketing for it. Just my thoughts though.

Majority of the main stream walk into a Verizon store and get whatever they have sitting on the shelf that appeases them. They don't even consider waiting for something to be shipped to them or ordering online. "Oh is that the new Google phone the news talked about? Seems pretty nice. I'll take it!....oh I have to order it from Google and wait a couple days for it? The S7 Edge is here and in stock? I'll just get that instead." Basically how it goes for most people I know who buy phones lol

May 3, 2015
Visit site

They will get a cut of activations. That's how exclusive carrier deals work.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I think the Verizon exclusive will be short and we'll see it on others too in the near future

It's an unlocked phone and will work on any carrier. I don't understand the advantage to buying it thru any carrier. It will come with bloatware built in. It will be locked, and you will have to wait for the carrier to release updates. It makes no sense at all.