Verizon Version info from Google Rep...

ainfinity

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I am on the unlimited data plan it is a shame to not have hotspot usage, oh well but it will be nice to use the Pixel XL phone without overage worries....and the simple reason why I switched to Verizon to begin with. Coverage, coverage , coverage... you look on those maps of the southwest... plenty of coverage issues in the west especially when your out in the boonies, Verizon still gives me better coverage....not a fanboy it is fact.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I've ever seen a phone with hotspot blocked. Most phones simply check your plan to make sure that you have tethering included, either in your tiered data or as an add-on.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I've ever seen a phone with hotspot blocked. Most phones simply check your plan to make sure that you have tethering included, either in your tiered data or as an add-on.

I have never seen a Verizon phone having this problem either.

twmanga1

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, here's hoping that it actually happens. I remember the Galaxy Nexus days & suffering with not getting timely updates when the non-Verizon versions were getting them. I understand all the hatred that resulted from that phone (I did too), and I know how hard it is to change people's mind once they've been burn. Since i'm a Note7 castaway, it's never gonna completely live up to what I'm use to (after only two months with the phone), but I'm looking forward to the Verizon version of the pixel xl I ordered. Gotta start somewhere.

taraji

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, here's hoping that it actually happens. I remember the Galaxy Nexus days & suffering with not getting timely updates when the non-Verizon versions were getting them. I understand all the hatred that resulted from that phone (I did too), and I know how hard it is to change people's mind once they've been burn. Since i'm a Note7 castaway, it's never gonna completely live up to what I'm use to (after only two months with the phone), but I'm looking forward to the Verizon version of the pixel xl I ordered. Gotta start somewhere.
After receiving my Note 7 about 6 days ago, the Pixel XL is the only phone that I found appealing I have not owned a pure Google phone and I'm looking forward to my replacement.

I am a Samsung fan girl, but just could not go back to the S7e after having the pleasure of the short time with the Note 7.

The article that verified updates would come directly from Google sold me and I ordered from Verizon because Google has a backorder for the PXL and I currently have the Note.

I'm excited.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm about to pull the trigger... Verizon is offering 200 for any smartphone worth 1 dollar. I'm gonna trade in a RAZR HD and still be able to sell my 6p should be into a 128gb pixel for 500 ish and I forgot the VR headset as well

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm about to pull the trigger... Verizon is offering 200 for any smartphone worth 1 dollar. I'm gonna trade in a RAZR HD and still be able to sell my 6p should be into a 128gb pixel for 500 ish and I forgot the VR headset as well
Where did you see that, I have the 6p as well.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Where did you see that, I have the 6p as well.
I went into a store to talk to them. Original plan was to trade the 6p for one of the phones they guarantee 300 for plus cash on Craigslist. But I come out ahead if they are accepting any smartphone in working condition. And I can still sell my 6p on my own

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Are we talking like OG Motorola Droid? Lol.. Is that worth $200 to them?

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Are we talking like OG Motorola Droid? Lol.. Is that worth $200 to them?
Droid RAZR HD
9536bf38f8e0026142bbf11dfe9a9067.jpg
came up valued at 5 bucks so I'm getting 200 for it.

ggendel

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Certainly makes it more attractive. I think that they realized that they had no significant advantages over buying from Google. A reasonable trade-in value is a good start.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I am coming back to Android so ordered from Google Store on 9th. I was one of the lucky ones who has a Nov 25 date. :( - I am on t-mobile so was considering buying one from Verizon/Best Buy since unlocked. I am on T-Mobile. I chatted with a Verizon rep online yesterday and she said if I bought on line had to add a plan but if went into a retail store I could pay full and not have to activate..Is this correct?

ggendel

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am coming back to Android so ordered from Google Store on 9th. I was one of the lucky ones who has a Nov 25 date. :( - I am on t-mobile so was considering buying one from Verizon/Best Buy since unlocked. I am on T-Mobile. I chatted with a Verizon rep online yesterday and she said if I bought on line had to add a plan but if went into a retail store I could pay full and not have to activate..Is this correct?

I would assume that Verizon won't sell you unless you have or are setting up a plan. If you're on T-Mobile I would not buy from Verizon anyway. For most other phones (with some notable exceptions), even though they are unlocked your updates must come OTA from Verizon. If this is true, the only way you'll get updates is to get "prepackaged" loaders from Google. You'll probably need to tweak these so they don't blow away all your preferences. For example, even the unlocked AT&T Priv will need AT&T to push updates. If you don't have an AT&T account, then you need to download the autoloaders from Blackberry and hack it so it doesn't wipe out your preferences.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It has to be activated on a current Verizon line before it will work anywhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana