Google Payment Plan

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone purchased/pre-ordered through Google with the payment plan? If so, what was the process like? What was the application process? Were you approved right away, or do you have to wait for approval?

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Google is using Synchrony Bank as their financer for this one. That bank provides most in-house financing for retailers, and they are very strict and aggressive on late payers. The results are instant when you order, but make sure you have a good plan to pay on time. I had some medical issues and missed a payment for another product last week. I told them to take the payment this Friday, but i'm still getting dialed. (sorry for the rant)

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I did for the 32 gig xl. they ask for income, and approved me right away. I did read that someone didn't get instant approval, but didn't get denied either. just told him they will notify him later with a decision.

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I financed as well. Like others have said, it was instantaneous. The interest rate fee is something like 29.99% though. Pretty dang high. I'm hoping to knock this out in like 4 months so hopefully I won't have to worry about the 24 month payment or late fees. Btw, 32GB XL with protection is what I got. With tax and everything >$900!!!! :eek:

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I financed as well. Like others have said, it was instantaneous. The interest rate fee is something like 29.99% though. Pretty dang high. I'm hoping to knock this out in like 4 months so hopefully I won't have to worry about the 24 month payment or late fees. Btw, 32GB XL with protection is what I got. With tax and everything >$900!!!! :eek:

That's ridiculous!!! Paid cash. I would never finance anything but my car.

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site

Well, I just chose to go that route. I should have paid cash, but..... that's the American way I guess. I finance things when I need. House and car are the two biggest things of course. Not that I have bad credit scores, but it doesn't hurt to keep them high and a decent way to do that is to finance things from time to time. At least for me.

ncapp11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Maybe it's not for you, but I definitely wouldn't call it ridiculous. I believe it's 0% APR if you pay on time so essentially it's free money. You can invest the money elsewhere. As long as you're properly leveraged it's a wise financial decision. It's what rich people and good businesses do all the time.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

That's after 24 months... Nothing ridiculous about it. Almost, every 0% finance offer will be like that. After the promotional period ends interest will be crazy high. Just set up automatic monthly payments to pay off within 22 months and you will be fine. I said 22 just to have buffer of 2 months before the financial offer term ends.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I charged the Pixel XL on my credit card. When the bill arrives, I'll pay it in full. That's just the way I use my credit cards. If I don't have the money set aside to pay the bill in full when it comes, I don't buy. I have excellent credit, and I don't have to sweat payments and/or interest rates.

That's just what works for me. Everyone has to do what works best for them.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Maybe it's not for you, but I definitely wouldn't call it ridiculous. I believe it's 0% APR if you pay on time so essentially it's free money. You can invest the money elsewhere. As long as you're properly leveraged it's a wise financial decision. It's what rich people and good businesses do all the time.

I was responding to 29% interest.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't they charge you automatically every month so you can't be late anyway?

G3OFF

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Agree there but my main point was debt is not a bad thing if done right. Whether it's a loan or credit card. It's actually smart.
Yep, you're actually paying more for it by not financing, since it's 0% over 24 months. In theory you could be earning interest on the money you're not paying up front. Only reason not to finance is if you are concerned about your immediate credit rating (for opening a new account), or if you plan on being irresponsible and missing a monthly payment.

strykerpks

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this is a n00b question. But what is this Synchrony I keep seeing? Is that separate from Project Fi? When I ordered and opted for the financing, I just gave them my CC# and I am supposed to be billed on that monthly.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Synchrony is the name of the company that Google is using for financing. They're the company that does many store credit cards and consumer financing for things like electronics, furniture and such.