Google Pixel XL camera samples

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Shootout: How good is the new Pixel XL camera? - Android Authority

Android Authority have posted some camera samples with the Pixel XL at the Google event this week. They also took the same shots with a Note 7, iPhone 7 Plus and LG V20.

Granted these are just one set of sample shots, but I gotta say, the Pixel is super impressive in those photos. To me the Pixel and iPhone have the best images, with the Galaxy Note 7/LG V20 noticeably behind.

People in the comments are saying the Note 7 and V20 must have had a smudge on the camera sensor, so if that's true, could be the reason why images aren't as good as the others.

Looking forward to seeing more camera shots with the Pixel/Pixel XL and camera comparisons.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Something was definitely off in those Note 7 images. The images should have been better. I can't imagine it struggled that much with the lighting.

The images shown there from the Pixel XL are much better than the Phandroid camera samples they took. Those ones were very noisy. I think maybe that was the result of some software issue because the Android Authority images are 10x better.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Shootout: How good is the new Pixel XL camera? - Android Authority

Android Authority have posted some camera samples with the Pixel XL at the Google event this week. They also took the same shots with a Note 7, iPhone 7 Plus and LG V20.

Granted these are just one set of sample shots, but I gotta say, the Pixel is super impressive in those photos. To me the Pixel and iPhone have the best images, with the Galaxy Note 7/LG V20 noticeably behind.

People in the comments are saying the Note 7 and V20 must have had a smudge on the camera sensor, so if that's true, could be the reason why images aren't as good as the others.

Looking forward to seeing more camera shots with the Pixel/Pixel XL and camera comparisons.

Wow. The pixel looks a lot better than all of those. Promising. Seems like it's the only one that's accommodating for the massive amount of light leak.

Rocky5000100

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Something was definitely off in those Note 7 images. The images should have been better. I can't imagine it struggled that much with the lighting.

The images shown there from the Pixel XL are much better than the Phandroid camera samples they took. Those ones were very noisy. I think maybe that was the result of some software issue because the Android Authority images are 10x better.

Someone commented there may have been a smear or smudge on the Note 7 lens. My Note 4 (and most phones) will do that if the lens isn't clean. I bet it would have done better if they had cleaned it.

Overall though, I'm impressed with the Pixel camera.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow. There really is a noticeable difference. The Pixel photos have absolutely no light bleeding whereas the other two clearly do. (Reference: champagne and Google logo photos)

This is still not a thorough enough test, though. It needs to be tested and compared thoroughly in different lighting conditions.

It's good to see this.

ggendel

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow, the stabilization on the Pixel was very impressive. I wonder if they're oversampling and using affine transformations on the images to perform this magic. If they do, it would allow incredible panoramas.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Someone commented there may have been a smear or smudge on the Note 7 lens. My Note 4 (and most phones) will do that if the lens isn't clean. I bet it would have done better if they had cleaned it.

Overall though, I'm impressed with the Pixel camera.

I don't believe that. The only bad photos are the ones looking up at the lights. It's bleed, not smudge. The photos are sharp... Just not evenly exposed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835