Are the Pixel speakers likely to be louder than the speakers on the Nexus 6P or HTC M8/M9?

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
If there is only one down firing speaker then why are there two speaker grills on the bottom? Am I missing something?

Oftentimes this is done for aesthetics, with one cutout housing a speaker, and the other just being an opening for a microphone. It's looks really nice having those symmetric cutouts at the bottom!

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
lol nothing now; it was a super awesome phone that a ton of people were excited about. then something went wrong and they have to go buy HTC 10's or LG V20's or Pixels or whatever.

And hope your new toy isn't powered by Samsung............:eek:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
And hope your new toy isn't powered by Samsung............:eek:

Depending on which device, good chance a ton of the components are. Samsung makes batteries, displays, silicon, the Qualcomm SoC's, etc, etc. LG would be the most immune with their own display and battery production lines, but they'd still be dependent on that SoC and possibly other components.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Depending on which device, good chance a ton of the components are. Samsung makes batteries, displays, silicon, the Qualcomm SoC's, etc, etc. LG would be the most immune with their own display and battery production lines, but they'd still be dependent on that SoC and possibly other components.

I just hope they get a handle on the battery issue soon! I don't know who/what they make batteries for(Apple I've heard) but this could be a disaster.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Samsung makes batteries? I thought a 3rd party contractor did that. Hence the note 7 fiasco. They mentioned 3rd party supplier as this was starting to hit the fan.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung makes batteries? I thought a 3rd party contractor did that. Hence the note 7 fiasco. They mentioned 3rd party supplier as this was starting to hit the fan.

Samsung used 3 suppliers for the Note 7. I forgot the details, but I can look it up if you need it. China required batteries built in China and required them to meet regulatory factors. The bulk of the batteries going to everywhere that's not China were manufactured by SDI, which is Samsung's battery making arm (legally I think it's a subsidiary) and has manufacturing and research all over the world.

Harsh_Malkani

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
HTC 10 speakers are just amazing
Besides for a phone priced as high as the pixel
Expected it to have dual speakers
Anyway in a few days we'll get to know as to how good the speakers are in the pixel
Fingers crossed till then

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyway in a few days we'll get to know as to how good the speakers are in the pixel
Htc costs 550 right now. Much cheaper.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The only Android flagship phone that has dual speakers is the HTC 10 so I'm not sure why you would expect ezpensive phones to have dual speakers.

Lucaan

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Louder or not. I think one thing that is not accounted for is that the phone is also there for launching Google's future platforms. Single down-firing speaker? Daydream...