are the pixel phones really not worth it? being swayed

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
After reading and watching all these videos about the pixels since the event the other day I couldn't help but be pleased with what I saw from Google. The pixels sound great to me. It seems like a truly premium phone to me and has all the features I need. Yah its a little pricey but this is google taking on the major oems and coming from the nexus 5 it seemed like the logical upgrade for me. But I can't figure out why everyone is so unhappy with the phones and talking so negatively about it. Which is really killing the hype and excitement I had for this phone originally . Are they mad about the premium price for this premium phone? Are they upset Google may or may not make all the pixel features available to Nexus devices In order to differentiate their new baby they are trying to promote? Is it really not worth getting?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Everyone is looking for something different in a phone. The Pixel won't be for everyone, but I decided to take the plunge, because like you, it has what I'm looking for. I know others aren't excited, and I'm okay with that because I am.

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
My opinion is the issue for most people (guessing 90%) is the price. I think it will be a very good phone and a good line for years to come.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
After reading and watching all these videos about the pixels since the event the other day I couldn't help but be pleased with what I saw from Google. The pixels sound great to me. It seems like a truly premium phone to me and has all the features I need. Yah its a little pricey but this is google taking on the major oems and coming from the nexus 5 it seemed like the logical upgrade for me. But I can't figure out why everyone is so unhappy with the phones and talking so negatively about it. Which is really killing the hype and excitement I had for this phone originally . Are they mad about the premium price for this premium phone? Are they upset Google may or may not make all the pixel features available to Nexus devices In order to differentiate their new baby they are trying to promote? Is it really not worth getting?

let's just say this happens every year. you will hear the same thing next year about the pixel 2. I personally is excited about it. like you said, most tech bloggers who have used it really like it. I would put my trust to those who have actually touched it and used it than those of us who haven't.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
My opinion is the issue for most people (guessing 90%) is the price. I think it will be a very good phone and a good line for years to come.

This... I think alot of those people wanted the pixel but got mad when it was out of their price range

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
And it's kinda funny how they all got mad and demanded Google make a high end premium phone to compete with the big oems and what , did they expect this phone to only cost 399 or something? Lol

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
And it's kinda funny how they all got mad and demanded Google make a high end premium phone to compete with the big oems and what , did they expect this phone to only cost 399 or something? Lol

I think all high end premium phones are overpriced however

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Yah its a little pricey but this is google taking on the major oems and coming from the nexus 5 it seemed like the logical upgrade for me. But I can't figure out why everyone is so unhappy with the phones and talking so negatively about it. Which is really killing the hype and excitement I had for this phone originally .

If you like your Nexus 5 experience I'm sure you'll love the Pixel. You get a 15 day return policy so I'd say check it out.

dreamwever

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I think they're biggest problem will be standing out from all the other Android phones. They really pushed the new assistant, but it won't be long before all the other high end Android phones have it and it's specs. As good as a phone it looks now, we will see how it holds up.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
how are you guys feeling about the design ..especially the back of the phone ?

I actually like how the back looks, it's unique. It's definitely polarizing though, but I think that's what Google wanted. They mentioned in the press conference how they went with that design on the back to make a bold statement. Most of the Nexus phones over the years have been criticized for having and average, boring design. It's also been the chief complaint from tech bloggers about the Oneplus 3, that it looks like any other average smartphone. You definitely can't say that about the Pixel. Of course I'd like to see one in person first before I make my ultimate judgment.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it is. Some will disagree but at the end of the day it is their money so I say spend it on what you think is worth it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's absolutely Worth it if you want the best Google phone out there. Paying for the best will cost disproportionately more than just a notch below so... to each his own.

GT500_Grad2

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Everyone wanted a premium phone from Google that carriers carried... they got it. For Google to play with the big dogs, unfortunately that mean you will have to pay a premo price. It's a great phone. I plan on getting it, but just holding off to see if there will be any holiday specials.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
This... I think alot of those people wanted the pixel but got mad when it was out of their price range
I fully admit I'd really like this phone, but the price is hanging me up.
I'd like a more waterproof 64GB version and I'd like the 5.5" XL to be a smaller phone to better align with my 5.5" LG G3 size...but I could get over all of those things much easier if it were just a bit less money.

PaulieC83

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I fully admit I'd really like this phone, but the price is hanging me up.
I'd like a more waterproof 64GB version and I'd like the 5.5" XL to be a smaller phone to better align with my 5.5" LG G3 size...but I could get over all of those things much easier if it were just a bit less money.

This! I'm looking for a replacement for my aging g3 as well and would love something with a similar screen size but nice compact form factor. Still, I am definitely going to check these out when they pop up at the local Verizon store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad