Is the Pixel Android still Pure Android? Or Pixel Android?

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
If the previous definition of pure Android for the Nexus devices was Android as Goggle intended then that's surely what the Pixel phone will be. OK, it's going to have some stuff no other devices will have but, as the owner of the platform, this is going to be how Google want it to be.

No, it's Google showing off how polished Android *can* be, and that OEMs don't have to heavily reskin it or add tons of bloatware. There's a difference.

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Haha that would be obvious tho, however I can see the overall UI and experience of the current Pixel would be quite different than the Stock Android.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I would say its still pure Android.. If you look at all the features that was added on to Pixel they were all app features rather than the android feature like the pixel launcher, unlimited storage&smart storage(features of google photos app), google assistant, wallpaper picker(works with pixel launcher as a seperate app), dynamic calendar(Pixel launcher feature) etc

The only thing google changed to the android itself are the Solid navbar icons with home affordance for Assistant, SysUI accent color theming and New setup look and feel

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I would say its still pure Android.. If you look at all the features that was added on to Pixel they were all app features rather than the android feature like the pixel launcher, unlimited storage&smart storage(features of google photos app), google assistant, wallpaper picker(works with pixel launcher as a seperate app), dynamic calendar(Pixel launcher feature) etc

The only thing google changed to the android itself are the Solid navbar icons with home affordance for Assistant, SysUI accent color theming and New setup look and feel

RafiAnsari

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
The Android on the Pixel is not actually Stock Android as it has unique features added on top of the OS but as Android is basically owned by Google themselves anything they add on top is basically Stock for me!

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
google_pixel_android.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish