Pixel Pricing Going Forward

Practical Performance

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Anybody have thoughts on how the pricing of the Pixel will play out over time? Do you think they'll go the Apple route where the price never drops in order to establish Pixel as a premium brand? Apple retailers offer other incentives during sales where the iPhone is never cheaper, but you get free accessories and/or gift cards with a purchase.

Or is it more likely Pixel will follow the same path Nexus phones have where there are sales around big shopping times of year and the price gradually drops over time?

I really like the Blue, which is of course sold out, but I wonder if the free VR is the best deal to be had for a while or if there will be a big sale around Black Friday.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Who knows with phones but a key might be found in the other Pixel products..

2013 Chromebook Pixel = Throughout it's life span the price never dropped a single cent
2015 Chromebook Pixel = Throughout it's life span the price never dropped a single cent
Google Pixel C = The 32GB version has never seen a price drop. The 64GB version recently received a temporary $75 price cut.

Google views the Pixel name / line differently... I don't foresee any price cuts whatsoever.. I don't even think Fi will offer the $200 discount with service like they did with the Nexus 5X and 6P..

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Who knows with phones but a key might be found in the other Pixel products..

2013 Chromebook Pixel = Throughout it's life span the price never dropped a single cent
2015 Chromebook Pixel = Throughout it's life span the price never dropped a single cent
Google Pixel C = The 32GB version has never seen a price drop. The 64GB version recently received a temporary $75 price cut.

Google views the Pixel line differently... I don't foresee any price cuts whatsoever.. I don't even think Fi will offer the $200 discount with service like they did with the Nexus 5X and 6P..

Agree with this.

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Google seem to be trying to create a premium brand so it's highly unlikely any price drops will happen. As raqball points out, the Pixel products sold by Google so far bear this out.

haroonhhh

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
why every month 4 to 6 new mobile announce where no one person have so much money to buy every month mobile. High price phone have good spec and low price phone have problems ;D

Litlprince2

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Define BIG sale... cause your not gonna catch this new from google for 50% off or anything.. If anything there might be more promotions like VR or chromecast.. maybe a $50 drop in price or credit for use in the play store.. but thats it.. this will hold its price till the next one comes out.. Atleast on googles end... other retailers might get bulk deals and have fluid pricing..