Enhanced 4G LTE Services-ATT

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed when I insert a VZW SIM card in my Nexus 6P, I get the"Enhanced 4G LTE Services" setting under cellular networks. Once selected, HD Voice on the Nexus 6P works like a charm while on VZW's network.

When I insert my AT&T SIM into my 6P, I don't get "Enhanced 4G LTE Services", and subsequently no HD Voice.

Do we expect to see the same behavior with the Pixel when we insert our ATT SIMs? Will the unlocked/Google Store Pixel support AT&T "Enhanced 4G LTE" right out of the box?

In other words, will HD Voice be supported only on Verizon?

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
AT&T has to support it. For most unlocked phones it is not supported. Hopefully, the Pixels will be different. If they are carried by AT&T (in November as rumored), those services should be supported. If not, then probably not.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed when I insert a VZW SIM card in my Nexus 6P, I get the"Enhanced 4G LTE Services" setting under cellular networks. Once selected, HD Voice on the Nexus 6P works like a charm while on VZW's network.

When I insert my AT&T SIM into my 6P, I don't get "Enhanced 4G LTE Services", and subsequently no HD Voice.

Do we expect to see the same behavior with the Pixel when we insert our ATT SIMs? Will the unlocked/Google Store Pixel support AT&T "Enhanced 4G LTE" right out of the box?

In other words, will HD Voice be supported only on Verizon?

They don't for most unlocked phones accept for the unlocked HTC A9 and 10, as far as I know. Both of those devices are supported by at&t VoLTE.

I think with at&t, I don't know the exact logistics, the manufacturer "Google" has to have at&t test, certify, and added the unlocked phone to their database for features. The unlocked HTC A9 and 10 show up in at&t's database and show it supports Enhanced LTE features. I hope Google took the initiative here. If they didn't, the Pixel will probably show up as unknown and/or get LTE data only at best.

Time will only tell until we get someone with at&t and a pixel.

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I think I have my answer. I went to the ATT corp store and tried different tactics on my 6P including use of a phony IMEI. Nada.

The pixel will probably have the same fate on ATT. No voice HD or WiFi calling.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I think I have my answer. I went to the ATT corp store and tried different tactics on my 6P including use of a phony IMEI. Nada.

The pixel will probably have the same fate on ATT. No voice HD or WiFi calling.

I'm hoping, since google is trying to be all legit with the pixel, that they did approach at&t like HTC did with the 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty