The Pixel has Force Touch!!!... kind of...

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Well then I guess my first phone the (some type of cheap android) also has force touch since every android has that feature of tap and hold screen for options

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Well then I guess my first phone the (some type of cheap android) also has force touch since every android has that feature of tap and hold screen for options

Did you watch the video? Not the same as what you are talking about.. I've never seen this before but maybe I am dazed and confused...

satander_L

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Normal touch only remembers 1 kind of pressure . While Force touch can sense different pressures and act accordingly. And after the spending 1000 bucks. U must have something to show off to Apple users . lol 😁🍸😂

PretoEVO4

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if it has the iPhone force touch feature that allows you to hard press the keyboard to move the cursor around like a touch pad? This is actually (IMO) the most helpful use of force touch in every day use.

But are we sure this is actually force touch? It looks as though maybe he is just long pressing, and this is how the device is responding to the long press? (Maybe he is pushing down hard and is mistakenly thinking it's the force rather than the long press?)

On edit: After listening to it with audio, he says he is just long pressing it. Seems like it isn't force touch. (Not surprising... I would be amazed if Google had this and didn't bring it up in the presentation/marketing materials)

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it has the iPhone force touch feature that allows you to hard press the keyboard to move the cursor around like a touch pad? This is actually (IMO) the most helpful use of force touch in every day use.

But are we sure this is actually force touch? It looks as though maybe he is just long pressing, and this is how the device is responding to the long press? (Maybe he is pushing down hard and is mistakenly thinking it's the force rather than the long press?)

On edit: After listening to it with audio, he says he is just long pressing it. Seems like it isn't force touch. (Not surprising... I would be amazed if Google had this and didn't bring it up in the presentation/marketing materials)

You are correct. It is just from a long press. It isn't really force touch (hence the "kind of" in my title :) ). I just think the feature of having those shortcuts is pretty cool.

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Lol, it doesn't. That's just long press. You sure bet we wouldn't hear the end of it if google actually had an entire engine dedicated to 3D touch and haptic functionality.
Infact, these ones even look very unappealing aesthetically with such blatant white interface.

Anyway back to your question. No, It doesn't. Just long press.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Lol, it doesn't. That's just long press. You sure bet we wouldn't hear the end of it if google actually had an entire engine dedicated to 3D touch and haptic functionality.
Infact, these ones even look very unappealing aesthetically with such blatant white interface.

Anyway back to your question. No, It doesn't. Just long press.

It wasn't really a question... I wasn't saying that it has force touch. I said "kind of". I am well aware that the pixel's screen isn't aware of how hard i'm pressing, but the functionality seems to be there. Previously, a long press would allow you to move the icon around, uninstall, remove from the screen, etc.. Now it appears to have shortcuts implemented the same way force touch does. Never before have you been able to long press on the youtube icon and then jump straight into search (at least not with the stock launcher).

mop26921

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
)

You can do something a little bit like this with the google keyboard. If you drag along the spacebar you can move the cursor left and right.

TotalBrony

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I wish. After playing some games on my wife's iPhone I'm in love with force touch. Patent wars need to end.

Find and try a force touch device for yourself. Comparing it to a long press feature is a joke. A joke I fell for myself until getting my hands on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX